To Desire a Wicked Duke (Courtship Wars,…

To Desire a Wicked Duke (Courtship Wars, Book 6) (edition 2011)

by Nicole Jordan

Member:barb0476
Title:To Desire a Wicked Duke (Courtship Wars, Book 6)
Authors:Nicole Jordan
Info:
Rating:***

To Desire a Wicked Duke (Courtship Wars, Book 6) by Nicole Jordan

Recently added byprivate library, arena50, tisay.abalo, KSabourin, Froggielove, ruchikabandi, LaCello, emcnicho

As always when you read the final book in a series there is a filling of sadness at having to say good bye to the characters that you have come to love. So we have come to the end of series with the marriage of Tess Blanchard. This was an unsuspected ending. There has been no mention of the Ian Sutherland, Duke of Rotham, in any of the previous books. Certainly not in connection with Tess or with Richard her deceased betrothed. This story starts off with both parties being antagonistic to each other. Ian has aggravated Tess for two years. More for Ian to hide his feelings for Tess than for any real animosity that Ian might feel for Tess. There were times that Tess made me want to spank her for her overly high minded reaction to Ian. She was so caught up in his reputation that she couldn't see that there was a wonderful man beneath the public persona. I surprised me that Tess was so willing to be compassionate with those that she knew nothing about but couldn't come to see that Ian could or had changed.

Ian is one of those men that doesn't curry the approval of society. He does what is right and if that means letting others think badly of him then so be it. I loved that he took a little boy into his home and made him his ward. I loved that he cared so deeply for the child. It also warmed my heart that he was so protective of the child. His ongoing protection of Tess is also a plus on his side. I enjoyed the banter between Ian and Tess. Their verbal sparring was really a mating dance but neither seemed to realize it. I was surprised at the lengths Ian would go to in order to keep Tess happy. The first sign that he had come to love Tess very much.

This story also brings Fanny Irwin’s romance to it proper and very happy ending. She finally gets to leave her old profession behind and embark on a journey to reconcile with her family as well as marry the man that she has come to love. I was very happy to see a resolution to this ongoing story.

This is a wonderful story filled with a little mystery, a budding love, the revealing of terrible secrets and happy endings for all. There are also some steamy scenes between Ian and Tess especially closer to the end of the story. I will be sad to see the last of these characters. I have enjoyed searching their lives for just a little while. ( )
  LadyIsis | Dec 22, 2013 |
In this final installment in the Courtship Wars series, Tess Blanchard finally makes the decision to get back on the marriage mart after losing her fiancé two years ago. But before she gets a chance to find a suitable husband, a threatening scandal forces her to wed her longtime nemesis Ian Sutherland, Duke of Rotham. Ian has long desired Tess and isn’t nearly as reluctant to wed as she is. But secrets from both of their pasts stand in the way of their happiness, and matters are complicated by a mysterious ghost who haunts Ian’s castle and Tess’ insistence Ian play matchmaker between her friends Fanny Irwin and Basil Eddowes.

While this book was an OK read, there was little sparkle to Tess and Ian’s relationship. It certainly wasn’t the dazzling ending of a series I was expecting. Neither Tess nor Ian really clicked with me. I found them to stay flat and boring most of the time, and even inconsistent at others. What I found particularly vexing was that Ian, who’s shown himself to be overprotective of Tess, glosses over an intruder that got into her room just for the chance to bed her.

The last 50 pages picked up the pace as all secrets come to light. The passion and that longed for connection with the characters was finally there. It lifted the book up from mediocre to OK., but it came a little too late to make me love the book as much as the rest of the series. Not a bad read, but not as great as the previous books either. ( )
  Samantha_kathy | Apr 13, 2011 |

Two years after losing her beloved fiancé to war, Tess Blanchard feels ready to chance love again. Thus, she’s aghast when a threatening scandal forces her to wed her longtime nemesis, Ian Sutherland, Duke of Rotham. The impossibly arrogant, irresistibly seductive nobleman is the last man she could ever imagine loving! Making matters worse, Tess discovers secrets in Rotham’s wicked past that send her fleeing London for his remote castle in Cornwall.

Having long desired Tess, Ian is exasperated that the ton thinks he’s driven his reluctant new bride from their marriage bed and so follows hard on her heels. Naturally, their spirited rivalry leads to glorious, pleasure-filled nights — complicated by a mysterious ghost who haunts Ian's castle and Tess's vexing insistence that he play matchmaker to her friends. But can blazing desire between two warring hearts turn into wedded bliss and timeless love?

When scandal forces her to marry her enemy, the Duke of Rotham, Tess Blanchard, after discovering her new husband's dark secrets, flees to his Cornish castle, where a mysterious ghost and undeniable passion bring them together.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,418,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible