Whiplash (An FBI Thriller) by Catherine…

Whiplash (An FBI Thriller)

by Catherine Coulter

It can be hard to get caught up with a multitude of characters half-way into a series, but this wasn't a jarring introduction to the series. P.I Erin Pulaski is hired by Professor Edward Kender to investigate why a critical drug for chemotherapy has become scarce, he suspects that as the pharmaceutical company is no longer making massive profits from it that they are trying to cease production, the other available drug is made by a rival though. Is there a conspiracy? This is what he wants her to find out. As she is escaping from the building where she has obtained information there's a murder and she's a prime suspect.

Meanwhile in Washington, Senator David Hoffman is seeing a ghostly apparition, which may or may not be someone trying to trick him, when attempts on his life start up the FBI are called into investigate. What they find is complicated.

It's an interesting read, full of twists and turns, though I was right in some of my suspicions. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Apr 23, 2015 |
A pretty good suspense story but there really wasn't much romance. It's always fun to read about an investigation with Savich and Sherlock. I liked the bond developing between the heroine and the hero's daughter. I just wish there was more romance in the story. PI Erin barely escapes a break in and FBI agent Bowie is in charge of the case.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
First book I've read by this popular author. I thought it was pretty well written with a believable plot and a distinctive cast of characters. Sure, all the loose ends came together for a happy ending -- but you were drawn into wanting it to end that way. ( )
  skraft001 | May 24, 2014 |
I thought the "communication with the dead" distracted from the rest of the plot, hence the 2.5 star rating. This will not deter me from reading future books from this author. ( )
  Mike_Herrick | Nov 25, 2012 |
I can't finish this one, never before have I tried to read ahead to see if the plot line or anything got better, worse is I just got in her next book in the series, I hope it's better. I've read all these FBI thrillers and enjoyed the husband and wife team, this book was a stretch. Too bad. ( )
  mchwest | Jul 27, 2011 |

Married FBI agents Lacey Sherlock and Dillon Savich are investigating a rather unusual case: Senator David Hoffman is experiencing a ghostly apparition with possible malicious intent. They're no closer to cracking the case when a call comes in from Connecticut: A top foreign Schiffer Hartwin employee has been found murdered behind the drug company's U.S. headquarters.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,080,467 books! | Top bar: Always visible