Pray For Dawn by Jocelynn Drake

Pray For Dawn (edition 2010)

by Jocelynn Drake

Member:myurbanfantasies
Title:Pray For Dawn
Authors:Jocelynn Drake
Info:
Tags:Dark Days

Pray for Dawn by Jocelynn Drake

This one was told from Danaus point of view. I was not a fan. ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
Originally published on my blog, My Urban Fantasies

Aurora is now free. Mira managed to close the doors before all the naturi escaped. After the battle Jabari leaves the broken and beaten Mira to burn in the sun. Mira has no desire to save herself, even if she were able. Mira is tired of fighting and risking death. Danaus has no desire to leave Mira to her death. He picks Mira up and carries her to a cave to protect her from the sun. Danaus tell Mira that he is not up to killing her right now and needs a rain check. Mira then passes out holding Danaus' hand. Two months later Mira is at the Dark Room, depressed and missing Danaus, when James Parker shows up with a proposition from Ryan.

Pray For Dawn is a little different. The entire novel is told from Danaus' point of view. We finally get a look inside of our brooding boy's head. Mira sees Danaus as this strong, unstoppable force of honor. Turns out that Danaus has this hard shell that he shows the world and a somewhat gooey center. Danaus is plagued with insecurities. We already know about the ones concerning the deal his mother made and of Danaus' fear of going to hell, but now we know why. We finally get to learn all the complicated reasons behind this and the reason of his hatred toward nightwalkers. While submerged in Danaus' pyche, we get to ride along as he deals with the feelings he has towards Mira. It's an interesting ride and well worth the wait.

It's been three months since Dawnbreaker. Danaus has a rough time in Pray For Dawn. After Machu Picchu Danaus traveled, mostly in Europe, hunting the naturi and nightwalkers. While hunting Danaus tries to forget about Mira, but that plan quickly shatters when he's asked to go to Savannah to investigate a murder.

I can not go into to much detail about this book. It's almost impossible to discuss a small plot point without giving a huge hint towards the major plot. The blurb on the back of the book (written above) is about as specific as one can get without giving to much away. One thing I can tell you is the end of Pray For Dawn has left me begging for the next book. I love the fact that Danaus is no longer portrayed as the cold hearted vampire killer. His words may still be cold, but now we know the reason behind them. ( )
  myurbanfantasies | Dec 27, 2012 |
I didn't like Danaus' perspective as much as I like Mira's; still, it was a good installment. ( )
  Aula | Dec 1, 2011 |
What a continuation of the first part of the series. Truly enjoy what is going on between Mira and Danus. However the ending sure has me holding out for the next book in the series. Great read and great take on the supernatural world. ( )
  MonicaLynn | Feb 24, 2011 |
I sit and read this book in one day; it was that good. I love this series and loved the fact that this book was from Danaus' POV. It was nice to finally learn more about him and get into his head. To see Mira from his perspective was interesting and made the sexual chemistry between the two of them seem even more real. To finally get to meet a bori and explore Danaus' heritage was just icing on the cake. This series just keeps getting better-and-better. Jocelynn Drake has created a world unlike any other that I have ever read and I've been hooked since the first book, Nightwalker. The only thing that I found disappointing about this book was the ending but only because it was a HUGE cliffhanger. I understand that with the direction this book was heading that it would have to continue from Mira's POV. More than anything, I was just sad that it ended. I'm so glad that Wait For Dusk comes out later this month and that I don't have too wait to long for it. Can't wait to see what happens next!!!!! ( )
  mthomas1975 | Nov 18, 2010 |

As the fire-wielding enforcer of the nightwalker coven wrestles with the mind-destroying ghosts of her dark past, the slaying of a senator's daughter in Savannah threatens to expose her kind to the brilliant light of day. The dawn of chaos has come. The naturi have broken free of their eternal prison to feed on the defenseless and unbelieving of an unprepared Earth.… (more)

46 wanted2 pay1 pay

Eos

An edition of this book was published by Eos.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,155,905 books! | Top bar: Always visible