That Perfect Someone by Johanna Lindsey

That Perfect Someone

by Johanna Lindsey

Series: Malory-Anderson (Jun 2010, book 10)

410839,367 (4)7

This book was good. I liked revisting the Malory clan, and I thought the characters were good matches for each other. ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
Another long-lost Malory? Okay. So, Katey comes over from America to try to find her mother's family who disowned her mother for getting pregnant. Katey also wants to tour the world before settling down. She gets involved in the kidnapping of Judith Malory by trying to rescue Judith, but Boyd Anderson mistakes her for the kidnapper. To make it up to her and soothe her anger towards him he offers to take her on this world tour.
Generally romance novels upon which the major conflict(s) are based on misunderstandings irritate me, but this is Johanna Lindsey, and these are the Malory/Andersons, so it's (mostly) forgiven. ( )
  EmScape | Jan 24, 2017 |
I was glad Johanna Lindsey gave Jean Paul aka Richard his own story. I loved him as the secondary character in Captive of My Desires. And, I love this book. It was great to find out his secret finally! Love it. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |

Johanna Lindseyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Merlington, LauralReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Chapter One
IT MIGHT SEEM odd to consider Hyde Park your own backyard, but Julia Miller did.

Product Description:

Nine years ago, Richard Allen fled England when his avaricious father, the Earl of Manford, betrothed him to Julia Miller, the young daughter of London's wealthiest merchant. Having seen how his father's ambition ruined his older brother's prospects for happiness with an arranged marriage, free-spirited Richard takes to the sea, determined to live his own life. In the Caribbean, he joins a band of treasure-hunting pirates and adopts the persona of a Frenchman named Jean Paul. When he dares to slip back into England to carry out an urgent task for his captain, Richard falls in love with a married woman, Georgina Malory.

Despite Georgina's indifference to him and her husband James Malory's threats to harm him, Richard is smitten. His next attempt to woo Georgina at a masked ball turns out to be a terrible mistake, because it brings him face to face with another beautiful woman.

Grown-up and sophisticated, Julia Miller, a friend of Georgina's, is charmed by the masked Frenchman Jean Paul until she discovers he's really her detested fiancé! Julia has hired solicitors to have Richard declared dead so she can free herself from their betrothal and move on with her life.

But when the Earl of Manford learns his son has returned and can fulfill the marriage contract, he sets in motion a chain of events that places Julia on the high seas with her fiancé - who is not merely an irresponsible nobleman but a seductive, adventure-loving pirate!

Having returned from the high seas after dodging the fiancé his greedy father, the Earl of Manford, wanted him to marry, Richard Allen crosses paths with his furious fiancé and must flee with her on an ocean voyage once the Earl learns his son is alive.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,350,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible