Not Even a Hint: Guarding Your Heart Against…

Not Even a Hint: Guarding Your Heart Against Lust

by Joshua Harris

1,00838,471 (4)None

This is the best book I've read on dealing with lust and sexual sin. I highly recommend it.
Josh Harris, author of I Kissed Dating Goodbye, deals transparently with the roots of lust and the real issues behind it. Then he equips the reader with the tools needed to fight it.
The biggest problem we have in the fight for moral purity is that we've let the lies of the world influence our thinking. Josh helps us see where we've gone astray and realign with God.
One other key point about this is that it is not just for men, but for women as well. We all battle it in different ways and Josh deals with it evenhandedly.
Read it! ( )
  HGButchWalker | Sep 21, 2016 |
This book is challenging to read without letting go of your pride first. Harris can come off as a little condescending at times, but his words are accurate and he gives great advice on a topic which so many young Christians struggle with. ( )
  sweet_catastrophe | Mar 28, 2008 |
More helpful material from Josh Harris, this time about coping with lust. There were a lot of the typical suggestions about lust: being accountable to other brothers and sisters, avoiding tempting situations, being careful with all the immodesty in the media these days, and stuff like that. Good stuff, but nothing all that new. What I did like, however, was how Harris examined the similarities and differences in what tempts men and women, and the way they are tempted to lust. It's not as simple as that men lust in a sexual way, where as women fantasize romantically: there is a lot of blurring of these boundaries. Harris's explanation of these distinctions and how to keep from tempting your brothers and sisters is alone worth the price of admission. There's also a good chapter on masturbation, which he has made available for free online. ( )
  joshuamclark | Jul 10, 2006 |
"Not Even a Hint" was republished as "Sex Isn't the Problem (Lust Is)"

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,262,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible