Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Acheron (2008)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Kodibear)
    Kodibear: A man with a tortured past learns not only trust, but how to love and be loved.
    Darkness Dawns by Dianne Duvall (BookLizard)
    BookLizard: The Immortal Guardians are similar to the Dark-Hunters and their leader Seth is powerful, yet protective, like Acheron.

English (78)  German (1)  All languages (79)
The story of Acheron, why he is who he is and how he got to be that way. I found it an interesting story. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jul 11, 2015 |
No puedo creer que la autora haya arruinado al gigante , enorme y maravilloso ACHERON - dicho sea de paso , lo ùnico bueno que ha creado hasta la fecha - poniendole como pareja a semejante pelotuda .

Sinceramente , no lo entiendo . Se merecìa algo muchìsimo mejor.

Me cagò el libro .

Empezò genial , en nada similar a la porquerìa de siempre .

De verdad lo digo , la primera mitad es impresionante . Dolorosa , mìtica , mucha historia ; ACHERON es el verdadero hèroe torturado , un esclavo, abandonado y despreciado desde que naciò ; un semi-dios ignorado que ha sido encerrado , lejos de la apreciaciòn pùblica , cuya belleza tan increible que enloquece. Hasta obsesiona a la diosa Artemisa quien si ya leyeron alguno de los libros de la serie sabran entonces lo ha perseguido durante miles de años , desesperada y loca por èl .

Un librazo arruinado , violado y torturado con la segunda mitad .

No puede ser tan turra la autora de darle a un personaje tan genial como Acheron una compañera tan idiota-idiota-idiota como la estupida BELLA-SWAN-WANNABE que le encajo.

Urghhh !!

Obviamnte a Kenyon no le da la cabeza para escribir buenos personajes femeninos . (POR FAVOR , SI HASTA J.R. WARD inventó a la increible XHEX!!!)

Una verguenza . Para ponerle una mina así al lado , mejor lo hubiese dejado solo.

Además , ¿Por que tiene que ser obligatorio que se enamore??

En mi opiniòn , màs aceptable hubiera sido la historia de un encuentro e incio de familia con la hija que ARTEMISA nunca le dijo que habìan tenido.

Arruinò el libro .

4 puntos por la primera mitad . Lo demàs no vale la pena. ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
Oh Acheron, how Kenyon loves to torture you. I started reading this book from the beginning but after awhile the constant torture got to me so I skipped to part three of the book. I didn't feel like I missed anything by skipping to that section, as the first two parts are Ash's entire backstory. I think we got enough of that through reading the other books in the series to understand that Ash has not had a good life. The third section deals with present day dark-hunter verse and centers around Ash developing a relationship with Tory. Really enjoyed the slowly developing love story and how Kenyon handled the whole Artemis thing. There were moments, however, where Ash was made out to be too much of a good guy which made things come off as (for lack of a better word) really cheesy. However, I still enjoyed the story, but I wouldn't recommend picking this up as an introduction to the Dark-Hunter series. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
This is my favorite book in the entire series. After sooo long waiting we finally get Ash and I adore him even more for enduring what he had for soo long.

I love him and this book dearly. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
I have mixed feelings over this book. I can't give more than 4 stars because Acheron is degraded from an awsome character to an ordinary hero and it is not because of his past. I simply think that that character deserved more. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
For my husband, who is my eye in the storm. Hand in hand, we've weathered many typhoons, and together we're still here. Thank you for being my light in the darkness and for showing me what loyalty and love are all about. You are the gentle wind that allows me to soar to the highest level. Thank you.

And for my children, who never shirk at eating more pizza. You guys are the greatest.
"Kill that baby!"

"In your past lies your future..."

The most anticipated story in the blockbuster Dark-Hunter series. The never-before-revealed story of the Dark-Hunter leader, Acheron.  He was made human in order to escape death, but in death he was reborn a god. . .

Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime of shame. However, his human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Then, brought back against his will, Acheron became the sole defender of mankind.

Only it was never that simple. For centuries, he has fought for our survival and hidden a past he’ll do anything to keep concealed. Until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence.

Now his survival, and ours, hinges on hers and old enemies reawaken and unite to kill them both.

War has never been more deadly... or more fun.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:44 -0400)

Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime in shame. However, his human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Then, brought back against his will, Acheron became the sole defender of mankind. Only it was never that simple. For centuries, he has fought for our survival and has hidden a past he never wanted revealed. Until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence. Now Acheron's survival, and ours, depends on her, and old enemies reawaken and unite to kill them both. War has never been more deadly...or more fun.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,407,208 books! | Top bar: Always visible