Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Acheron (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon, Holter Graham (Narrator)

Member:Lostshadows
Title:Acheron
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon (Author)
Other authors:Holter Graham (Narrator)
Info:MacMillian Audio (2008), Unabridged Audio CD
Collections:Library Books, Read but unowned, Read 2012 (inactive)

Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon (2008)

Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Kodibear)
    Kodibear: A man with a tortured past learns not only trust, but how to love and be loved.
    Darkness Dawns by Dianne Duvall (BookLizard)
    BookLizard: The Immortal Guardians are similar to the Dark-Hunters and their leader Seth is powerful, yet protective, like Acheron.

English (83)  German (1)  All languages (84)
I've read a few of this series but just could not get into this one. I got though maybe one third of the book and gave up. ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
I started this last night and read almost 200 pages of it. nice fast read that holds you in the book. Its a HUGE book! Then I got up and read another couple hundred pages and kept knocking it out that way. Very enjoyable read. It was great to learn Acheron's background - tragic that it is - and to see him finally find the person for him in Soteria. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Audio- It was a roller-coaster ride through hell and back much of it on the shoulders of a little boy. There were just too many details of torture for me to have enjoyed this book. I think part 2 was a decent attempt to bring some 'life' to this poor character, but I just couldn't stop "seeing' what was done before.
I may be done with the series. I am taking a break from it. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
With a lot of action and character development, this is by far the best book in the Dark Hunter series. ( )
  Belles007 | Jan 17, 2016 |
This is my favorite book in the entire series. After sooo long waiting we finally get Ash and I adore him even more for enduring what he had for soo long.

I love him and this book dearly. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
For my husband, who is my eye in the storm. Hand in hand, we've weathered many typhoons, and together we're still here. Thank you for being my light in the darkness and for showing me what loyalty and love are all about. You are the gentle wind that allows me to soar to the highest level. Thank you.

And for my children, who never shirk at eating more pizza. You guys are the greatest.
"Kill that baby!"

"In your past lies your future..."

The most anticipated story in the blockbuster Dark-Hunter series. The never-before-revealed story of the Dark-Hunter leader, Acheron.  He was made human in order to escape death, but in death he was reborn a god. . .

Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime of shame. However, his human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Then, brought back against his will, Acheron became the sole defender of mankind.

Only it was never that simple. For centuries, he has fought for our survival and hidden a past he’ll do anything to keep concealed. Until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence.

Now his survival, and ours, hinges on hers and old enemies reawaken and unite to kill them both.

War has never been more deadly... or more fun.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:44 -0400)

Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime in shame. However, his human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Then, brought back against his will, Acheron became the sole defender of mankind. Only it was never that simple. For centuries, he has fought for our survival and has hidden a past he never wanted revealed. Until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence. Now Acheron's survival, and ours, depends on her, and old enemies reawaken and unite to kill them both. War has never been more deadly...or more fun.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,909,069 books! | Top bar: Always visible