I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then…

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You… (edition 2007)

by Ally Carter

Member:br13cole
Title:I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls)
Authors:Ally Carter
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2007), Paperback, 288 pages

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Model Spy by Shannon Greenland (Caramellunacy)
    Caramellunacy: The Specialists series is also about a group of teenagers who are training to be spies. The group in The Specialists involves more misfits and a bit less on the romance front. Think more Mission: Impossible. But the similar premise and action-packed style makes these two series read-alikes.… (more)
    Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (_Zoe_)
    _Zoe_: Another boarding school whose students are secretly different--but in this case, they're witches and werewolves.
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (nessreader)
    nessreader: Both teen romances with sparky dialogue, strong girls with their own agenda and friendships as well as romance. Similar sense of humour in both.
    Steel Trapp: The Academy by Ridley Pearson (meggyweg)
    Finding Lubchenko by Michael Simmons (meggyweg)
    Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger (68papyrus, bell7)
    68papyrus: Etiquette & Espionage also features a stong heroine and takes place at a boarding school.
    bell7: Though set in different time periods, both books feature smart, funny heroines who go to a school where all is not as it seems.

How cute is this book? Super-spy in training Cammie meets a "regular" boy and she and her friends set out to figure him out and plan dates, Gallagher Girl style.

I honestly like the Gallagher Girls and their teachers. I also like spy-fi and special boarding schools so you knew I'd like this. A fun beginning to a fun series. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
I started reading this with the expectation that I would not finish it but it turned out way more fun than I thought it would be. Yes, it's silly and over the top but I found it to be original and very entertaining. I am definitely going to read the next book in the series. ( )
  wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |
If you are looking for a refreshing Young-Adult read, with college unlike any other - this is the perfect book for you. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You is the first book from the Gallagher Girl series, where we meet girls that go to a school for spies, and nobody except them, knows it.

The Gallagher Academy is a typical all-girls-school, except, instead of normal subjects, they learn advanced martial arts and chemical warfare studies, they have exams where they need to spy, or go unnoticed, or steal.

We meet Cammie Morgan, who happens to be the headmistress's daughter, and when she goes on a mission and gets noticed by a boy - everything changes and her life is suddenly everything but normal. She knows how to kill a man in seven different ways, and she can speak fourteen languages, but when a cute boy comes and says hi - she is definitely not trained for that. What's worst - he thinks she's just an ordinary girl, and she is falling in love with him.

Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, and track him through town without his ever being the wiser - but can she have a relationship with a regular boy who can never know the truth about her? Cammie may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's beginning her most dangerous mission - falling in love.

I loved the writing style, and I loved something new and refreshing - it is a plot that I haven't read before, and I really enjoyed it. Sometimes when it felt a bit childish, I would remember I am not thirteen anymore, but even now at twenty-one, I got lost into this silly world of spy girls and the drama and love life of Cammie.

I liked Cammie - she is the type of girl that you would love to have as a friend, because she always makes you giggle with her silly comments. I also liked how brave and honest she was - not always honest though… Sometimes, she was too whiney for her own good, and making little things out of nothing, but then again, all teens kind of do that all the time, so it's acceptable.

I loved her friends - they were such a team, and always covering their backs. I loved how, even despite all their differences, they manages to fit right in and have their own impact to the group friendship.

Overall, quite an enjoyable read and I would definitely recommend it to you guys, if you love anything YA, or fantasy, or spy girls, or college related. I enjoyed this book, and I wish I read it way sooner. I can't wait to read the rest of the series as well.

Thank you to my friend and author, Michael Kott, that send me this book after recommending it to me, as Ally Carter is one of his favourite authors, and he enjoyed this book as well. Check out his book Piasa - it is amazing! ( )
  InnahLovesYou | Aug 20, 2018 |
I can't believe I have judged this book by the cover for so long and ended up loving everything about it when I gave it a chance. I loved Cammie and her friends. Her learning to be just a girl and not a spy. Cammie learned so much about herself and even had to make a choice. This was the best! ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
review to come. ( )
  Nicole365 | May 12, 2018 |
In memory of Ellen Moore Balarzs, a true Gallagher Girl.
I suppose a lot of teenage girls feel invisible sometimes, like they just disappear. Well, that's me—Cammie the Chameleon. But I'm luckier than most because, at my school, that's considered cool. I go to a school for spies.

Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school - typical that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and student received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallager Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses, but its really a school for spies.

Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man seven different ways with her bare hands, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist" - but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

As a sophomore at a secret spy school and the daughter of a former CIA operative, Cammie is sheltered from "normal teenage life" until she meets a local boy while on a class surveillance mission.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,762,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible