Insatiable by Meg Cabot

Authors:Meg Cabot
Info:William Morrow (2010), Hardcover, 464 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Insatiable by Meg Cabot

Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot (f_ing_kangaroo)
    f_ing_kangaroo: My favorite of Meg Cabot's adult books. Recommended if you liked the humorous aspects of Insatiable.
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Books007)
    Books007: VA series reads like a youth adult version of this book.
    Soulless by Gail Carriger (rhonna)

This is NOT a 3 star book. This is a 1 or 2 star book with a couple moments of truly nice characterization that I loved so much I gave a 3 star rating. Given that the protagonist of the story is a soap opera dialogue writer ENCOURAGED(forced) to develop a vampire plotline for her show, I have to wonder if Meg Cabot was ENCOURAGED to write this book. Without the too few moments of truly delicious internal dialogue that made the pricess diaries for me, this is just a poor attempt to cash in on vampire mania. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
I loved this book.
Meena Harper is a special woman that just by watching you she knows how you're going to die. She writes for a soap opera and now her bosses want to put vampires in the story! Vampires! She can't stand them, especially when they're going to destroy a soap that goes on for 30 years. So when her strange neighbor Mary Lou invites her for dinner to meet her relative that is also a "Prince", she decides to accept to get some ideas to remedy the mess her bosses want to make by putting vampires in the show. What she does not know is that she will fall in love for the prince and she will discover to be not only in a "vampire war" on the network, but in a REAL vampire war, and that she is at the center of it all.
Very amusing. ( )
  Sarah.Hansrote | May 24, 2014 |
Great book! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
Listened to the book ready by Emily Bauer. I love a good read but listening to a gifted reader is ten times better. My first Meg Cabot read. I look forward to listening to Overbite and yay for me, Emily Bauer is the reader! ( )
  ChachaCenteno | Feb 6, 2014 |
I bought this for my school library, and would expect the older students who enjoyed Meg Cabot's teen books to be really pleased with it.
Meena Harper (see what she did there?) is a TV writer who doesn't believe in nonsense like vampires - even though she has supernatural powers herself - and is horrified when she is required to write sensational vampire plotlines for the soap opera she works on.
But life has a big surprise for Meena - I don't need to spell it out do I? The plot is fairly predictable and unsurprising, but Cabot can write engaging characters, and the action scenes are exciting. I liked the ending, it sets things up for the sequel, but in a way that works with Meena's character.
This is in no way an exacting read, but it is quite fun and I know that some of my year 10 and 11 students are going to love it. ( )
  Goldengrove | Feb 4, 2014 |

Meg Cabotprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bauer, EmilyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was a miracle.

Sick of hearing about vampires? So is Meena Harper.

But her boss is making her write about them anyway, even though Meena doesn't believe in them.

Not that Meena isn't familiar with the supernatural. See, Meena Harper knows how you're going to die (not that you're going to believe her. No one ever does).

But not even Meena's precognition can prepare her for what happens when she meets — then makes the mistake of falling in love with — Lucien Antonescu, a modern-day prince with a bit of a dark side... a dark side a lot of people, like an ancient society of vampire-hunters, would prefer to see him dead for.

The problem is, Lucien's already dead. Maybe that's why he's the first guy Meena's ever met that she could see herself having a future with. See, while Meena's always been able to see everyone else's future, she's never been able look into her own.

Now might be a good time for Meena to start learning to predict her own future...

If she even has one.

Meena Harper, forced to write about vampires even though she doesn't believe in them, falls in love with Lucien Antonescu, a modern-day prince with a bit of a dark side. It's a dark side a lot of people, like an ancient society of vampire hunters, would prefer to see him dead for. The problem is: Lucien's already dead! And while Lucien seems like everything Meena has ever dreamed of in a boyfriend, he might turn out to be more like a nightmare.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Insatiable by Meg Cabot was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,024,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible