Insatiable by Meg Cabot

Authors:Meg Cabot
Info:William Morrow (2010), Hardcover, 464 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Insatiable by Meg Cabot

2010 (14) 2011 (6) adult (9) audio (4) audiobook (4) chick lit (25) ebook (11) fantasy (30) fiction (59) hardcover (4) humor (6) library (7) Meg Cabot (7) New York (10) New York City (15) paranormal (37) paranormal romance (13) precognition (5) read (15) read in 2010 (17) romance (45) series (6) signed (4) soap opera (6) soap operas (8) supernatural (11) to-read (18) urban fantasy (21) vampires (102) YA (5)
    Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot (f_ing_kangaroo)
    f_ing_kangaroo: My favorite of Meg Cabot's adult books. Recommended if you liked the humorous aspects of Insatiable.
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Books007)
    Books007: VA series reads like a youth adult version of this book.
    Soulless by Gail Carriger (rhonna)

Great book! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
Listened to the book ready by Emily Bauer. I love a good read but listening to a gifted reader is ten times better. My first Meg Cabot read. I look forward to listening to Overbite and yay for me, Emily Bauer is the reader! ( )
  ChachaCenteno | Feb 6, 2014 |
I bought this for my school library, and would expect the older students who enjoyed Meg Cabot's teen books to be really pleased with it.
Meena Harper (see what she did there?) is a TV writer who doesn't believe in nonsense like vampires - even though she has supernatural powers herself - and is horrified when she is required to write sensational vampire plotlines for the soap opera she works on.
But life has a big surprise for Meena - I don't need to spell it out do I? The plot is fairly predictable and unsurprising, but Cabot can write engaging characters, and the action scenes are exciting. I liked the ending, it sets things up for the sequel, but in a way that works with Meena's character.
This is in no way an exacting read, but it is quite fun and I know that some of my year 10 and 11 students are going to love it. ( )
  Goldengrove | Feb 4, 2014 |
WTF Meg Cabot. This was so shitty. I'm sorry. ( )
  TheInvernessie | Nov 26, 2013 |
I normally try to avoid Meg Cabot, simply because I've found some of her writing too teeny-bopper for me, but this book was written for adults and features an all-adult cast list. Now this is a book that could be made into a movie.
The book starts out as an anti-vampire book, and makes fun of the over-saturation in pop culture through Meena Harper's character. I love Meena's character right away, with her writing skills and passion for a decades-old soap opera, she is someone I can relate to. Her ability to predict others' deaths only makes her more intriguing. I also find it fittingly ironic when more and more of the people around Meena turn out to be vampires, as she eventually acknowledges herself.
Even though the book is written for adults, Meg Cabot still keeps the writing clean, skipping through the intimate bedroom scenes with only the smallest of hints at the sordid details. She also leaves many of the gruesome aspects of the plot up to the imagination of the readers, which I prefer.
Because this book is all about tongue-in-cheek irony, it is only fitting that the state of Meena's mind -- the jumbled mess of a writer -- attracts the prince of all vampires, Lucien, who happens to be a Romanian history professor when he isn't attending to his princely duties. I get the feeling that there is more to Lucien and Meena's attraction to each other than what Meg Cabot is telling the reader, but by the end of the book, this is still a mystery. Plus, a good-looking vampire slayer suffering from too much micromanagement and even less communication skills causes some interesting conflicts and obstacles for Meena and Lucien. His attraction to Meena is like water to a sponge, but Meena is less drawn to Alaric.
I wasn't crazy by how the book ended, but it made sense for Meena's independence. Still, I'm hoping Meena's choices will change in the next book, Overbite. ( )
  JacobsBeloved | Nov 25, 2013 |

Meg Cabotprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bauer, EmilyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was a miracle.

Sick of hearing about vampires? So is Meena Harper.

But her boss is making her write about them anyway, even though Meena doesn't believe in them.

Not that Meena isn't familiar with the supernatural. See, Meena Harper knows how you're going to die (not that you're going to believe her. No one ever does).

But not even Meena's precognition can prepare her for what happens when she meets — then makes the mistake of falling in love with — Lucien Antonescu, a modern-day prince with a bit of a dark side... a dark side a lot of people, like an ancient society of vampire-hunters, would prefer to see him dead for.

The problem is, Lucien's already dead. Maybe that's why he's the first guy Meena's ever met that she could see herself having a future with. See, while Meena's always been able to see everyone else's future, she's never been able look into her own.

Now might be a good time for Meena to start learning to predict her own future...

If she even has one.

Meena Harper, forced to write about vampires even though she doesn't believe in them, falls in love with Lucien Antonescu, a modern-day prince with a bit of a dark side. It's a dark side a lot of people, like an ancient society of vampire hunters, would prefer to see him dead for. The problem is: Lucien's already dead! And while Lucien seems like everything Meena has ever dreamed of in a boyfriend, he might turn out to be more like a nightmare.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Insatiable by Meg Cabot was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,429,196 books! | Top bar: Always visible