Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems…

Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems (Workbench Series)

by Tony Candela

I'm glad to have received this book. I'm definitely adding it to my collection! ( )
  MichaelaBro | Sep 23, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
First off a disclaimer: I was sent this book to review.

This is a well written book with quality diagrams and pictures.
The book starts with simple projects like adding interior lighting, and goes on to headlights, electronic gauges, cooling fans, upgrading the alternator and ultimately installing an aftermarket wiring harness.
Not only does the book deal with installing new projects, it also has large sections on testing existing wiring and switches to tell if they need repair/replacing. For example in the section on headlights, he has 6 pages on doing Voltage Drop Calculations to see if there are problems with your existing headlight wiring system, and if so, where exactly the problem is located.

I hope to put some of these projects to good use this fall.
  ZechariahStover | Jul 29, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Candela's work, like his writing is beautiful. The pictures of his work in progress, and the results make me want to run out and buy the parts just to see the results. truly works of art. But I would rather get Vol. 1 of the same title just to clarify the terms and techniques he uses to walk the reader through the projects in this book. Yes, he is thorough in his text, but I feel a little lost at times. Based on what he has done in this book I think Vol. 1 would make this a complete course in electrical and electronics for automobiles.

t ( )
  thosgpetri | Jul 19, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I did not read Vol. 1 but if you have basic DIY skills you can definitely pick up with Vol. 2. I had no issues following the book and it would work well for basic level DIY. The book uses diagrams along with text explanation well. The book is not an overall/general DIY because it does give specific projects but you can use the specific project descriptions for other similar projects. Overall pretty easy to follow, which is the most important part of books like this. ( )
  Katherine87 | Jul 7, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
If you're a the type of person that likes to tinker on their car but you're not very experienced with the electrical aspect of things, this book is for you. This volume outlines several projects that someone might want to perform on their vehicle and gives clear, step by step instructions for how to do them. Even with minimal experience with automotive wiring, I will have no problem following the guidance in this book.

These are specific projects with detailed instructions, so if you're looking for a more generic guide on automotive wiring this isn't going to satisfy you, the first book in this series by the same author covers that subject and together the pair would make an excellent reference for the home mechanic. ( )
  Sougent | Jun 22, 2015 |

New book takes the mystery out of electrical systems.Road & motor vehicles: general interest.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems Vol. 2: Projects by Tony Candela was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,699,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible