Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems…

Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems (Workbench Series)

by Tony Candela

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
For anyone looking to work on their automotive project this book is a must-have. While the author uses specific vehicles in the various chapters, the knowledge and experience shared can be applied to whatever you're working on. The amount of detail that is used, in everything from wiring schematics to installation photos, allow the reader to have confidence in doing the work themselves. Due to the impressive quality of this book, I ordered the 1st book on automotive electrical projects this author wrote. ( )
  jyoungtn | Oct 12, 2015 |
I'm glad to have received this book. I'm definitely adding it to my collection! ( )
  MichaelaBro | Sep 23, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
First off a disclaimer: I was sent this book to review.

This is a well written book with quality diagrams and pictures.
The book starts with simple projects like adding interior lighting, and goes on to headlights, electronic gauges, cooling fans, upgrading the alternator and ultimately installing an aftermarket wiring harness.
Not only does the book deal with installing new projects, it also has large sections on testing existing wiring and switches to tell if they need repair/replacing. For example in the section on headlights, he has 6 pages on doing Voltage Drop Calculations to see if there are problems with your existing headlight wiring system, and if so, where exactly the problem is located.

I hope to put some of these projects to good use this fall.
  ZechariahStover | Jul 29, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Candela's work, like his writing is beautiful. The pictures of his work in progress, and the results make me want to run out and buy the parts just to see the results. truly works of art. But I would rather get Vol. 1 of the same title just to clarify the terms and techniques he uses to walk the reader through the projects in this book. Yes, he is thorough in his text, but I feel a little lost at times. Based on what he has done in this book I think Vol. 1 would make this a complete course in electrical and electronics for automobiles.

t ( )
  thosgpetri | Jul 19, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I did not read Vol. 1 but if you have basic DIY skills you can definitely pick up with Vol. 2. I had no issues following the book and it would work well for basic level DIY. The book uses diagrams along with text explanation well. The book is not an overall/general DIY because it does give specific projects but you can use the specific project descriptions for other similar projects. Overall pretty easy to follow, which is the most important part of books like this. ( )
  Katherine87 | Jul 7, 2015 |

New book takes the mystery out of electrical systems.Road & motor vehicles: general interest.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems Vol. 2: Projects by Tony Candela was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,962,964 books! | Top bar: Always visible