The 9th Judgment by James Patterson

The 9th Judgment

by James Patterson, Senza Appello

Other authors: Maxine Paetro (Author)

Series: Women's Murder Club (9)

Recently added byjfoooo, MLRALibrary, bookczuk, private library, dwsine, madeofslate, KFZ, deatalk, telanus, Pages_Aplenty

English (43)  French (1)  All languages (44)
We listened to this during a car trip. It was the first Patterson experience for javaczuk and my first exposure to the Women's Murder Club segment of his writing. (I've read some stand alones, and also the Maximum Ride series.) We tend to read authors such as Mankell, Nesbo, and the late James Thompson, so this was a decided break from Nordic noir. It was good for the trip, but I'm afraid there were a number of plot inconsistencies (most of which could have been caught by a good proof/consistency edit) and on the whole, we were left feeling a little disappointed. I don't know if this was because it was a co-written book, or that the characters didn't grab us. It just seemed a little thin and a little obvious in some places. I may try Patterson again, but I doubt javaczuk will. ( )
  bookczuk | Dec 2, 2014 |
Loved It-As Usual-Another Success for James Patterson ( )
  diananagy | May 20, 2014 |
Great story :) Started reading it around 6, just finished :P :)
  Danica.Rice | Apr 29, 2014 |
Lindsay Boxer, SFPD homicide detective, and her friends use their influence and jobs to solve a couple of intertwined crime sprees. One is a serial killer targeting women and their children and another is a cat burglar targeting wealthy homes safe deposit boxed. Mildly entertaining audio read. I can no longer actually read this series because the written work is just uninspiring. But, listening it whilst I drive around is okay. It isn't in depth, so thinking required. The plot isn't complicated, nor are the characters. The women are very three dimensional. The story reads(listens) like a TV script. The largest drawback with listening is they have made the series into a "production". That means there is a lot of mood music and intermittent sound effects like bombs, gunfire etc. It's really draws away from the story, not enhance it. I wish they would cut that crap out. Another annoying issue is the book is told partially in first person by the main character, partially in third person, omniscient narrator and partially third person in the criminal heads. It doesn't flow very well. There is a lot of sex in this one to. Not sure why. Guess that suppose to appeal to more audiences. ( )
  FMRox | Jan 29, 2014 |
I enjoyed this more than I expected to. I've not read any of the other Women's Murder Club books in this series, so I can't compare it to previous ones, but I thought it was fine as a stand-alone read. It does amaze me how writers such as Patterson (and others) can come up with fairly unique stories one after the other. Sometimes the plotlines in thrillers are a little too over-the-top for me as far as credibility goes, but I didn't think this one was bad. I zipped through this audiobook quickly because I was engrossed the entire time. I'm not sure Carolyn McCormick is my favorite reader -- at least not for this one. (I immediately associated her with The Hunger Games when I heard her voice & couldn't quite shake that out of my head while I was listening.) And the repeated use of the word "frickin'" in the story jumped out at me as being annoying, but otherwise I really enjoyed this one. ( )
  indygo88 | Sep 27, 2013 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Appello, Senzamain authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, MaxineAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sarah Wells stond op het dak van de garage en stak haar hand voorzichtig door het gat dat ze door het glas had gesneden. ************ ************ ************ ************ SARAH WELLS STOOD on the roof of the carport and snaked her gloved hand through the hole she'd cut in the glass.

The most personal

A young mother and her infant child are ruthlessly gunned down while returning to their car in the garage of a shopping mall. There are no witnesses, and Detective Lindsay Boxer is left with only one shred of evidence: a cryptic message scrawled across the windshield in bloodred lipstick.

The most dangerous

The same night, the wife of A-list actor Marcus Dowling is woken by a cat burglar who is about to steal millions of dollars' worth of precious jewels. In just seconds there is a nearly empty safe, a lifeless body, and another mystery that throws San Francisco into hysteria.

The most exciting Women's Murder Club novel ever

Lindsay spends every waking hour working with her partner, Rich--and her desire for him threatens to tear apart both her engagement and the Women's Murder Club. Before Lindsay and her friends can piece together either case, one of the killers forces Lindsay to put her own life on the line--but is it enough to save the city? With unparalleled danger and explosive action, The 9th Judgment is James Patterson at his compelling, unstoppable best!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:17 -0400)

A young mother and her infant child are ruthlessly gunned down while returning to their car in the garage of a shopping mall. The same night, the wife of A-list actor Marcus Dowling is woken by a cat burglar and in just seconds there is a nearly empty safe, a lifeless body, and another mystery that throws San Francisco into hysteria. Before the Women's Murder Club can piece together either case, one of the killers forces Detective Lindsay Boxer to put her own life on the line--but is it enough to save the city?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,380,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible