Chester's Masterpiece by Mélanie Watt

Chester's Masterpiece

by Mélanie Watt

Series: Chester (3)

2082084,731 (4.16)None

This was a hilarious book and a great example of fantasy fiction, because of the talking cat and the unrealistic setting of the book. We follow along as Chester creates a book of his own in the third installment of the stand alone series. As a side not I thought it woud be good way to introduce the concept of genre to students because, Chester mentions it within the story. Media: Mixed Media.
  wcarlisle15 | Apr 3, 2016 |
I haven't read the other Chester books, but this was pretty darn funny. I wish the dominant color were something other than red, but aside from that, the illustrations are fun too.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
This book is amazing, It is a great way to introduce the topic of story writing to children. It goes through the main elements of a story - character, setting, plot. I love how interactive the illustrations are. The way Watt uses a cat to depict this story is entertaining. ( )
  anine14 | Feb 1, 2016 |
This book is about a mischievous cat that hides his owner's things so that he can write his own stories in which he is the main character who either does the important things or saves the day. Though his owner (Melanie Watt, the author) does not think Chester knows how to write stories and tries to trick Chester into giving her her things back, Chester finds a loophole each time and outsmarts his owner all the while writing hilarious stories.
I would recommend this book to any child of elementary age. This book had me (a college student) smiling the whole time I was reading it. I have never read a book that was so cleverly written as to have an author "arguing" with her cat for her things so she could write her own story. The things Chester says, too, are so funny because you can really see how (if a cat were able to talk) he/she would say those kinds of things! ( )
  HannaWarn | Apr 17, 2015 |
This is dedicated to CATS and to MY FANS everywhere!!! Plus, I would like to thank what's-her-name for leaving her stuff lying around and, most of all, I would like to thank MYSELF (Chester) for being clever enough to hide her computer mouse (which tastes like chicken by. the way)

Chester's finally ready to write his own masterpiece -- he just needs to get pesky writer-illustrator Mélanie Watt out of the way. Chester's solo attempts at storytelling are messy, to say the least, but he's determined to go it alone. But where's his story going? After several alternative (but always unhappy) endings, Chester is confronted by a problem he never bargained for. A wry comment on the creative process and how good stories are constructed, this is the most uproarious Chester book yet.

Chester is thrilled to write his own book.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,650,594 books! | Top bar: Always visible