Feed by Mira Grant

Feed

by Mira Grant

Series: Newsflesh (1)

Recently added byCarolynH123, private library, rena75, AlMargheim, cfulton20, Lori76, KristinaSimon
    World War Z by Max Brooks (Aerrin99, andreablythe, HenriMoreaux)
    Aerrin99: An awesome look at the world post-zombie-apocalypse with history, politics, and fantastic world building.
    The Walking Dead, Volume 1: Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirkman (andreablythe)
    The Passage by Justin Cronin (clif_hiker)
    Deadline by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)
    bikeracer4487: 2nd book in the Newsflesh series
    Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire (Aerrin99)
    Aerrin99: It may be easy to miss that Seanan McGuire and Mira Grant are the same person - both authorial roles are well worth checking out! She applies her deft skill with world-building and creating characters you adore to both her October Daye urban fantasies and her Newsflesh zombie apocalypse.… (more)
    The Last Stand of the California Browncoats by Mira Grant (Disco_grinch)
    Disco_grinch: Short story for this series.
    How Green This Land, How Blue This Sea by Mira Grant (Disco_grinch)
    Disco_grinch: Short story for this series.
    The Day the Dead Came to Show and Tell by Mira Grant (Disco_grinch)
    Disco_grinch: Short story for this series.
    Fed by Mira Grant (Disco_grinch)
    Disco_grinch: Book 1.5 for this series.
    When Will You Rise: Stories to End the World by Mira Grant (Disco_grinch)
    Disco_grinch: Tie-in for this series.
    Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion (HenriMoreaux)
    Allison Hewitt Is Trapped by Madeleine Roux (ann.elizabeth)
    ann.elizabeth: Another fierce female blogging the zombie apocalypse.
    Apocalypse Scenario #683: The Box by Mira Grant (Disco_grinch)
    Disco_grinch: Short story for this series.
    Blackout by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)
    bikeracer4487: 3rd and final book in the Newsflesh trilogy!
    Plague of the Dead by Z. A. Recht (HenriMoreaux)
    Aftertime by Sophie Littlefield (SimonW11)
    SimonW11: a zombie apocalpse better written than most
    Countdown by Mira Grant (Disco_grinch)
    Disco_grinch: Short story for this series.
    Beyond Exile by J. L. Bourne (HenriMoreaux)
    Thunder and Ashes by Z. A. Recht (HenriMoreaux)
    Day by Day Armageddon by J. L. Bourne (HenriMoreaux)

English (213)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All languages (215)
Excellently done. A much more harrowing take on the weary zombie trope. ( )
  Ubiquitine | Nov 24, 2018 |
This book absolutely floored me. Feed was on my TBR for a long time, and traditionally speaking, I don't go in for zombie books. But Feed really isn't a "zombie book", per se. It's a book about a political campaign and a conspiracy in a world after the zombie apocalypse. So anyone going into this book looking for a heavy reliance on the walking dead will be disappointed. Zombies play an important part, but zombies aren't the story.

We follow three strong characters through the story who are all about getting the news on a presidential hopeful, and insisting on telling the truth. There's assassination attempts and zombie outbreaks and scares as the Kellis-Amberlee virus takes members of the caravan. The research is great here - the science moves well and feels possible. The way the world has rebuilt itself - in organized quarantine rather than gore and survival - also feels real. We look too often for chaos in zombie dystopias, but the calm organization in this one was a bit refreshing.

The ending was brilliantly written and made me really mad. I'll definitely be picking up the rest of the Newsflesh trilogy and more of Mira Grant's work. I'm impressed.

This book will appeal to fans of a more subtle zombie story, fans of books where the characters will go to whatever end to uncover the story, and fans of sibling stories. ( )
  Morteana | Aug 18, 2018 |
I can wholeheartedly recommend the series and have done so to quite a few of my friends.

Read my full review here: http://wp.me/p40HVI-b3 ( )
  macthekat82 | May 26, 2018 |
I was so stressed out finishing this. It grabbed me from the get go. Great zombie novel, but with a little more...intelligence than some. Sometimes it felt like the narrator (Georgia) was TELLING me rather than SHOWING me, but other than that I didn't have many issues with the writing style. Found the political aspect somewhat familiar, minus the zombies, of course, and that may have been the scariest part to me. I'm not sure how I feel about the narrator, in first person, being killed at the end. I find that extremely jarring. But again, highly enjoyable zombie story. ( )
  gossamerchild88 | Mar 30, 2018 |
I loved the world. I loved the concept for the book. Some of the book was flat out amazing. Some of it was very contrived. I am a little torn on picking up the next book becuase what I loved I really loved but what I didn't I really didn't. The 2nd book could easily tip one direction or the other. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
Set more than two decades after an uprising of the living dead, Feed uses meticulous world-building to shape a narrative that’s believable, thrilling, and instantly clear.
added by Aerrin99 | editA.V. Club, Zack Handlen (May 13, 2010)

Shunning misogynistic horror tropes in favor of genuine drama and pure creepiness, McGuire has crafted a masterpiece of suspense with engaging, appealing characters who conduct a soul-shredding examination of what's true and what's reported.
added by Aerrin99 | editPublisher's Weekly

Mira Grantprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Panepinto, LaurenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is gratefully dedicated to Gian-Paulo Musumeci and Michael Ellis.

They each asked me a question.

This is the answer.
Our story opens where countless stories have ended in the last twenty-six years: with an idiot - in this case, my brother Shaun - deciding it would be a good idea to go out and poke a zombie with a stick to see what happens.
Wir haben den Krebs besiegt und den Schnupfen ausgerottet. Aber dabei haben wir etwas Grauenhaftes erschaffen, das nicht aufzuhalten ist: ein Virus, das die Toten wiederauferstehen lässt.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316081051, Mass Market Paperback)

The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beat the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED.

NOW, twenty years after the Rising, Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives-the dark conspiracy behind the infected. The truth will out, even if it kills them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:53 -0400)

"The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beaten the common cold. But in doing so we had created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED. Now, twenty years after the Rising, Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives--the dark conspiracy behind the infected. The truth will [come] out, even if it kills them."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,692,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible