Married by Morning by Lisa Kleypas

by Lisa Kleypas

Series: Hathaways (4)

Married by Morning
4.5 Stars

A riveting romance, charming characters and the most adorable ferret to ever grace the pages of a novel.

The love/hate relationship between Cat and Leo is intense and engaging. I had my doubts about Leo in book #1 but he is ultimately revealed to be one of the most compassionate and caring heroes in the series and comes a close second to my absolute favorite, Kev. Cat makes him believe in life and love again and his determination to love and protect her is admirable.

Cat is a delightful heroine, snarky and witty, she knows just how to manage the devilish Leo. While her reluctance to marry him due to his past actions and her own traumatic past is understandable, it is a little too drawn out. Moreover, for such an intelligent and independent woman, she has an unfortunate tendency toward submissiveness in sexual situations. Don't get me wrong, the steamy scenes are intensely sensual and deeply emotional but Cat could have been a bit more aggressive.

The suspense plot is the most compelling in the series thus far with a seriously smarmy villain and an exciting and romantic rescue scene.

All in all, a wonderful addition to the series and I will be reading Beatrix's story very soon. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
RATED ALL THE DAMN STARS IN THE SKY!

YOU HAVE ANY? I'M TAKING THOSE FOR THIS BOOK!

Leo Hathaway...masterpiece.
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
Well I blew through that one. :) Overall this one fell a little short from the previous two for me, but still fabulous, of course. I loved the bantering back and forth between Marks and Leo and their whitty dialog during some of their more heated moments was priceless.

I beg you pardon, I did not ask to be husked like an ear of corn!"

The hightlight for me however were the exchanges between Harry and Leo. I am most eager to see how this ends with the lovely Beatrix. What animal is right for this creature? We shall see. ;)
" ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
So basically, I jumped out of bed, in my PJs to the nearest bookstore. Got the last 2 books from the Hathaways saga, and headed back to bed to continue. Oh the bless of a good book and a mug of tea!

Cat's story was sad, but I thought it was worse than that!! The way Leo is obsessed with her is so beautiful. But I was mad at her for being so stubborn when they both know she wants to marry him!!!

And Leo! Always the funny crazy one!! Just perfect! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

And Leo! Always the funny crazy one!! Just perfect!

Leo thinks Catherine is far too outspoken, opinionated, and obstinate for a companion, and Catherine has an equally high opinion of her employer. For the sake of his sisters, however, Leo manages to strike an uneasy truce.

But when he suddenly discovers he has one year to find a wife and produce an heir or lose the family’s beloved home, the first (and only) woman he even considers marrying is the one who drives him crazy. The only problem is that Catherine is a lady with secrets, and one of those secrets is about to destroy her carefully cultivated new life unless Leo can convince her to trust him to help set things right. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

Lisa Kleypasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hennebelle, EdwigeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mutz, NadineÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my dear, elegant, wise Connie Because a good friend is cheaper than therapy. Love always, L.K.
Hampshire, England
August, 1852

Anyone who had ever read a novel knew that governesses were suppose to be meek and downtrodden.
"I hate arguing with a Hathaway. You all say something lunatic as if it's perfectly logical."
"You were a fraud as an aspiring prostitute. As a proper and well-mannered lady who holds an irresistible attraction for ferrets, you're completely authentic."
"Marriage would change hardly anything between us, except that we would end our arguments in a much more satisfying way. And of course I would have extensive legal rights over your body, your property, and all of your individual freedoms, but I don't see what's so alarming about that."
Harry gave her a wry glance. "It's exactly what I would do in his position. Of course I don't approve."

For two years, Catherine Marks has been a paid companion to the Hathaway sisters—a pleasant position, with one caveat. Her charges’ older brother, Leo Hathaway, is thoroughly exasperating. Cat can hardly believe that their constant arguing could mask a mutual attraction. But when one quarrel ends in a sudden kiss, Cat is shocked at her powerful response—and even more so when Leo proposes a dangerous liaison.

Leo must marry and produce an heir within a year to save his family home. Catherine’s respectable demeanor hides a secret that would utterly destroy her. But to Leo, Cat is intriguing and infernally tempting, even to a man resolved never to love again. The danger Cat tried to outrun is about to separate them forever—unless two wary lovers can find a way to banish the shadows and give in to their desires…

Paid companion Catherine Marks is attracted to her employers' older brother, Leo Hathaway, despite their constant bickering, so she agrees to a marriage of convenience with him, but the secret she is hiding threatens them both.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,444,353 books! | Top bar: Always visible