Have a New Kid by Friday: How to Change Your…

Have a New Kid by Friday: How to Change Your Child's Attitude,…

by Dr. Kevin Leman

308None36,118 (3.71)None
Recently added bytarheel96, BrianKeefer, Jojoz-r, Lynnziva, private library, sanicki, Dureo, WayneMacKirdy, LizSquires

3/4 of this book is practical advice (alphabetically laid out by topic). The strategies are easy to implement and there's such a long waiting list for this book at the library, I decided to turn it in and put it back on my "Hold" list so I could finish it up.

Okay, so I finally finished this book. It's very helpful. Now, to put it into practice... ( )
  daatwood | Nov 21, 2013 |
Started reading this book, I'll get back to you on Friday and let you know if I have new kids. Key word: CONSISTENCY

Update: I love Leman's straightforward style. This is a lot like Parenting with Love and Logic. And yes it works. The key is changing your own bad habits in parenting, which is much more difficult than changing your kids. I loved the section on the difference between praise and encouragement. That is a major change I am going to make. The second half of the book is a quick reference which covers just about any topic you may be having difficulty with, even spitting. I'll always keep this book handy. ( )
  InDreamsAwake | Apr 5, 2013 |
Great ideas to have kids that not only respect parents but others as well. Must be a strong parent and want a change though to follow through on the concepts. Definatly a great book for newer parents with small kids. Its hard to change habits that are already instilled. ( )
  pluto6490 | Jul 4, 2012 |
Good read, but I did not have a new kid by Friday. ( )
  AmyBookit | Dec 9, 2010 |
Very interesting recommendations. You would have to be brave and committed to implement the necessary changes, but it would definitely give you hope. The book covers just about every imaginable situation and offers a solution. Could be an invaluable tool for parents. ( )
  NanJo | Oct 15, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0800719026, Hardcover)

Anyone who has dealt with a strong-willed child knows that it is no easy task to turn bad behavior around. But the popularity of TV programs like Supernanny and Nanny 911 shows that parents have had it up to here and are ready to try anything to get their children to behave. Bestselling author and psychologist Dr. Kevin Leman is here to help.
Have a New Kid by Friday shows parents how to reverse negative behavior in their children--fast! With his signature wit and encouragement, Dr. Leman offers hope and real, practical, doable strategies for regaining control and becoming the parents they always wanted to be. Focusing on changing a child's attitude, behavior, and character, it contains chapters for each day of the week and a special section with advice on everything from rolling eyes to sibling rivalry to talking back to punching walls and much, much more. This large section of more than 100 specific topics is indexed, allowing parents to flip immediately to any areas of concern for witty, straightforward, and gutsy plans of action.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:54 -0400)

Today's kids are unionized, and they've got a game plan to drive you up the wall. But you don't have to let them call the shots.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,428,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible