The Animals and the Ark by Karla Kuskin

The Animals and the Ark

by Karla Kuskin

Other authors: Michael Grejniec (Illustrator)

The Animals and the Ark is a book about the animals that were on the Ark with Noah and his family. The book never explicitly states that the book has a religious background, but those that are religious now about the Noah and the Ark story. By the end of the book, we see that the book is actually a poem. I wouldn't have this book in a public school class, but it would be great for church's that have youth classes or catholic schools. ( )
  CharleneMartin | Apr 4, 2017 |
This book is very informative and what is clever about the book is that it never mentions a "God-like" entity. This book was strictly one written for the soul purpose of storytelling. This book is also rhyming and kids seem to get a kick out of anything that is not written traditionally which also smart on the author's part. I would not recommend this book however because I do not see a clear reason for reading it other than sheer entertainment. ( )
  nseugene | Mar 8, 2017 |
The Animals and the Ark is a great story told in rhymes. This story is told from the animals point of view. Noah is fearing the biblical proportions while trying to help the animals on the ark. The animals in the story get very restless and annoyed while it is storming outside, until the sun finally comes out. This book helps children to understand to help one another to get something done.
  MSittig | Aug 31, 2013 |
I thought it was a bit confusing and had to re read it. However I did like the illustrations. Once I re read the book I thought it could be a good book to explain to children about Noah an his ark. Also, how it rained for forty days and forty nights. ( )
  emleonard | Feb 2, 2012 |
A poem based on the Bible story of Noah's Ark, published originally in 1957, is enhanced with splashy, rollicking illustrations, a creative book design, and a typeface called "Kentucky Fried." ( )
  STBA | Nov 17, 2009 |

Karla Kuskinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Grejniec, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Mutiny on the Ark!

When Noah builds the Ark, he never anticipates that the animals might get just a bit restless after forty days and forty nights....But just as the monkeys are squealing, the tiny animals are growing tearful, the tigers are getting bad-tempered, and Noah is fearing a mutiny of Biblical proportions, the sun breaks through!

A delightfully raucous look at the Noah's Ark story, from the animals' point of view, told with relish by children's poet extraordinaire, Karla Kuskin.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:33 -0400)

A delightfully raucous look at the Noah's Ark story, from the animals' point of view.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,436,290 books! | Top bar: Always visible