The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

The Red Pyramid (2010)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Kane Chronicles (1)

3,7762041,381 (3.97)168
Recently added byrecipe_addict, private library, BStetson212, booksngirls, emkubler, HunterMiddle, ORSCH
    The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (aps3644)
    aps3644: More of Riordan's magic in a different local.
    The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (deslivres5)
    deslivres5: Brother-sister twins from modern San Francisco work with the famous alchemist Nicholas Flamel with and against various creatures from European myth and folklore to preserve ancient secrets.
    Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (elbakerone)
    elbakerone: Another great fantasy for young readers centered around a brother and sister!
    Smells Like Dog by Suzanne Selfors (PamFamilyLibrary)
    PamFamilyLibrary: No gods in this one, but it's got a similar style of humor and action. Well plotted.

This was a really good book! It took a little bit to get into it, but about halfway through, it got really interesting and really exciting. I'm a big fan of mythology - all sorts of mythology - and I love the Percy Jackson books, so I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of this series! ( )
  sammii507 | Aug 19, 2014 |
I don't know as much about Egyptian gods as Greek ones, so it took me a bit to figure out all the names and who was who. I liked the premise of the story, but some parts were a bit hard to follow. All in all, 3.75 stars. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
appears to be targeting a young age ( )
  jason9292 | Jul 16, 2014 |
Egyptian mythology with a twist that's different from his other two series. Does Rick Riordan have Chinese mythology series up his sleeve? ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
When it comes to Rick Riordan novels, I have come to expect a high quality novel. I can't say that this book met those standards. This could be for many reasons--I am far more familiar with the Greek gods and myths than the Egyptian ones, so perhaps my intrinsic interest is less. Then there was the two narrators, which I also didn't enjoy much.

There are more in the series that I may read at some point, but I'm not dying to do it soon. ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
“The Red Pyramid” is in almost every way an improvement over its predecessors, deeper and more emotionally resonant, and with an underlying moral and philosophical semi-seriousness. None of which takes away from the thrills.

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To all my librarian friends, champions of books, true magicians in the House of Life. Without you, this writer would be lost in the Duat.
We only have a few hours, so listen carefully.

Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.

After their father's research experiment at the British Museum unleashes the Egyptian god Set, Carter and Sadie Kane embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest which brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,770,191 books! | Top bar: Always visible