The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

The Red Pyramid (2010)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Kane Chronicles (1)

3,535None1,489 (3.97)168
2010 (39) action (26) adventure (145) Ancient Egypt (38) children (22) children's (34) children's literature (18) Egypt (113) Egyptian (24) Egyptian gods (31) Egyptian mythology (82) family (31) fantasy (327) fiction (167) gods (32) Kane Chronicles (60) Kindle (18) magic (64) mystery (18) mythology (158) read (29) read in 2010 (23) Rick Riordan (23) series (91) siblings (45) teen (21) The Kane Chronicles (21) to-read (47) YA (86) young adult (103)
    The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (aps3644)
    aps3644: More of Riordan's magic in a different local.
    The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (deslivres5)
    deslivres5: Brother-sister twins from modern San Francisco work with the famous alchemist Nicholas Flamel with and against various creatures from European myth and folklore to preserve ancient secrets.
    Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (elbakerone)
    elbakerone: Another great fantasy for young readers centered around a brother and sister!
    Smells Like Dog by Suzanne Selfors (PamFamilyLibrary)
    PamFamilyLibrary: No gods in this one, but it's got a similar style of humor and action. Well plotted.

this may be the longest time it's ever taken me to read a book. It was an audiobook. Usually I have those on hand to help me sleep, I listen at night, and fall asleep halfway through. Usually that works better with books I've read.
This was a new story. So I fell asleep midstream quite a few times, since I started it in August of last year. And I'd put it down, and pick it back up, and snooze and have really interesting dreams. Mystical Egyptian god mythology helps with the odd dreams.
I loved it as an audiobook, with alternating readers of the chapters. They did good voices. ( )
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |
If you have read Percy Jackson, well this is basically the same. Godlings, dreams that really are happening, powers they didn't know they have, great power without proper training. I was quite bored at the start because I felt that I've read this before because it so much similar with Percy Jackson. I gave it 4 stars because 1) The ending redeemed the book, the last 3 chapters were really exciting and heart warming and 2) Rick RIordan always interests me with Greek and Egyptian mythology. Reading "Red Pyramid" would really interest you with Egyptian mythology. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Mar 17, 2014 |
  PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |
“The Red Pyramid” is in almost every way an improvement over its predecessors, deeper and more emotionally resonant, and with an underlying moral and philosophical semi-seriousness. None of which takes away from the thrills.

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To all my librarian friends, champions of books, true magicians in the House of Life. Without you, this writer would be lost in the Duat.
We only have a few hours, so listen carefully.

Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.

After their father's research experiment at the British Museum unleashes the Egyptian god Set, Carter and Sadie Kane embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest which brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,486,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible