The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

The Red Pyramid (2010)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Kane Chronicles (1)

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (aps3644)
    aps3644: More of Riordan's magic in a different local.
    The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (deslivres5)
    deslivres5: Brother-sister twins from modern San Francisco work with the famous alchemist Nicholas Flamel with and against various creatures from European myth and folklore to preserve ancient secrets.
    Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (elbakerone)
    elbakerone: Another great fantasy for young readers centered around a brother and sister!
    Smells Like Dog by Suzanne Selfors (PamFamilyLibrary)
    PamFamilyLibrary: No gods in this one, but it's got a similar style of humor and action. Well plotted.

I just am not too interested in Egyptian stuff. I thought the story was ok, but got lost in the duat and reality and the pairing with gods, etc. The next book may be more entertaining because it seems they will add real people to the mix. I will probably end up reading the others in the series, but I am in no hurry - there are other books I am more excited to read. ( )
  | Sep 25, 2014 | edit |
“The Red Pyramid” is in almost every way an improvement over its predecessors, deeper and more emotionally resonant, and with an underlying moral and philosophical semi-seriousness. None of which takes away from the thrills.

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To all my librarian friends, champions of books, true magicians in the House of Life. Without you, this writer would be lost in the Duat.
We only have a few hours, so listen carefully.

Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.

After their father's research experiment at the British Museum unleashes the Egyptian god Set, Carter and Sadie Kane embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest which brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,967,664 books! | Top bar: Always visible