Nicolae: The Rise of Antichrist by Tim…

Nicolae: The Rise of Antichrist

by Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins

At times I wanted to stop reading, I found myself a bit overcome by the story. Clearly it evokes emotion.

Still moving on to the next in the series. ( )
  ava-st-claire | Feb 21, 2014 |
The third book in the "Left Behind" series. Fast-paced novel which moves even quicker than the first two books. Some definite, well-written action - especially in the desert chase and evasion sections and the earthquake sections. The character development is slowed a bit with more emphasis placed on the action of the books - and on some rather preachy sections. Aside from those preachy sections (one disturbing section involves a rather slanted abortion view - but this is a book written by a pair of Right-Wing Christians, so what should one expect?), this particular book raises the bar from the first two. It will be quite interesting to see where the writing style will go, especially now that some action has been injected heavily into the storyline. ( )
  TommyElf | Jan 5, 2014 |
Of course this onw was just as gripping as the first two!
  Roxy1Green | Jan 26, 2012 |
Rayford Steele, his daughter Chloe, magazine writer Buck Williams, and their pastor Bruce Barnes, having been left behind when the prophesied rapture takes believers to heaven, are now involved in a mission to win as many people as possible to Jesus while at the same time dealing with Nicolae Carpathia, the man they suspect is the Antichrist.
  apachurch | Nov 27, 2011 |
I enjoyed the story as fiction. I laughed, cried, fumed, and shouted--all positive things--but I want to temper that strongly by saying that I wouldn't suggest it as theological or eschatological material, as some have. I'm not really concerned with the order and how's of end-time events and believe we waste too much time trying to figure it out. As Jesus said: "No one knows the times or the seasons, but my heavenly Father." Do worry about it. Live and hope. You don't need to have it all marked out on a calendar.If someone were to ask me what fictional literature I would suggest, this series wouldn't occur to me at all, and I wouldn't suggest it if it did. But, seeing as I have read it (except the last one and the prequels), I felt like I ought to review it. For story, I would give it three stars, maybe four. But my reservations pull that rating down to two. ( )
  davegregg | May 3, 2011 |

Tim LaHayeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jenkins, Jerry B.main authorall editionsconfirmed
To Beverly and to Dianna
P R O L O G U E

What Has Gone Before . . .

It has been nearly two years since the mass disappearances.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0842329242, Paperback)

Antichrist. The very word send shivers through us. And Nicolae Carpathia certainly does not disappoint as Antichrist. Nicolae is the third book in Left Behind series written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, and is preceded by book one, Left Behind, and book two, Tribulation Force.

Nicolae Carpathia becomes the focus as he continues to consolidate his power, unifying political states ("Global Community"), media ("Global Community Network," "Global Weekly"), and religions ("Enigma Babylon One World Faith") under a Nicolae-appointed supreme pontiff. Nicolae himself is grand potentate of the global community.

Our heroes, pilot Rayford Steele and journalist Buck Williams, along with the rest of the Tribulation Force, continue their struggle to survive and protect their families in the midst of global war and destruction. They have come to recognize Nicolae Carpathia to be the Antichrist prophesied in the Bible, and to them it comes as no great revelation that this man, who presented himself as a charming and benevolent leader, has been unmasked as a ruthless and cruel tyrant, manipulating people and events to serve his own ends. And his ends are undoubtedly evil.

It becomes apparent that the chaos and turmoil created by Nicolae are the fulfillment of John's prophesy of the seven seals as recorded in the book of Revelation. And it becomes also apparent they are now facing the sixth seal, a great earthquake which is sometimes called "the wrath of the lamb." This upheaval of the earth, with its accompanying death and destruction, is familiar apocalyptic imagery: a blood-red moon, a sun turned black, and the stars falling from the sky. And the Tribulation Force discovers that these incredible descriptions turn out to be not so very far from the truth.

Who survives? How? What does Nicolae have in mind for the world? Readers of the first two books should not be disappointed with this third installment to this chilling tale.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:40 -0400)

The third book in the saga of "those left behind". The Tribulation Force, made up of pilot Rayford Steele, his daughter Chloe, and reporter Buck Williams, continues its adventures after the Rapture. The trio faces political and environmental dangers as the world is confronted by cataclysmic Earth-threatening challenges. Others in the series include "Left Behind" and "Tribulation Force".… (more)

Six editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,770,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible