365 Ways to Cook Hamburger by Doyne…

365 Ways to Cook Hamburger

by Doyne Nickerson

This is an old and treasured book from canada (stolen from my sister, who..erm.. "borrowed" it from our mother). Many strange meatloaf recipes, cooking for crowd recipes, even ethnic (americanised!) recipes, including mexican, which are very nice.

Its really good food for poor times, although not solitary food, as the recipes are enough to share with family or friends. Its endearingly NOT "healthy eating" with its emphasis on low fat and high carbs. Enjoy, enjoy! ( )
  edella | Apr 19, 2009 |
This is a fun cookbook. I think older ones are always entertaining. It's interesting to see how recipes and tastes have changed over the years. ( )
  aramisTdawg | Oct 20, 2008 |
This is an excellent sourcebook for recipes using ground meat. (I often use ground turkey, elk, venison or combinations in the recipes.) The recipes include sandwiches (with 35 suggestions for topping bunburgers), meat loaf, meatballs, casseroles (hot dishes) and main dishes. There are also soups and sauces, plus Italian and Mexican dishes. Most are for family size (4-6) but there are a few quantity dishes (50 or 100). This book really contributed to my children's learning to eat a variety of dishes, even when we were on a limited food budget. ( )
  jeaneva | Feb 15, 2007 |
I have a long history with this cookbook, one that goes back into the careless years when I ate quantities of red meat (of the cheapest possible cut). Every recipe I ever tried was delicious and worth repeating. One of my favorites was Spicy Meat Loaf, which was concocted to be served cold. It made a wonderful substitute for luncheon meats that I stopped buying in the early 1970s when I learned of the delights of nitrites and nitrates. ( )
  bookcrazed | Jul 23, 2006 |
This book is dedicated to my mother-in-law, Delphine Franklin, whose files turned up several interesting recipes she prepared during World War I.
The broiled or fried hamburger sandwich in a bun made its first appearance in 1903-1904 at the Louisiana Purchase Exposition (St. Louis Fair) along with the hot dog and the ice-cream cone.--Preface, p.11.
This is not part of the "365 Ways to Cook ..." series - it was not published by the same publisher. It also has been published under a number of titles and was re-released in an updated edition with about 30 more pages.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,067,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible