A Really Short History of Nearly Everything…

A Really Short History of Nearly Everything

by Bill Bryson

bill brysons writing skills are outstanding and this is his best book by far!
this is practically a "science for dummies" which me at the age of 12 can clearly understand and even make good dinner conversation. bryson also has a fantastic sence of humour which he lets loose in this great book! 5 stars! ( )
1 vote SMGCPOTTER | Mar 7, 2011 |
The author has a good sense of humor, is able to provide history in an interesting perspective, and is able to explain science in understandable language. This an interesting read. ( )
  GlennBell | May 30, 2010 |
This book is really interesting. It covers a huge variety of science topics and explained them in an easy to understand way. It had lots of great pictures, and the way many were sporadically arranged on the page helped to make the book to have an interesting look. It would be really neat for a grade school age child to look through to get inspiration to learn more about a specific subject. It is neat that Bryson wrote this version of his book "A short history of nearly everything" for a younger reader.
  jjuran | May 17, 2010 |
I'm buying this book for that kid who wants to know if we carry The Times of London. Okay, and maybe all the kids like him. ( )
  delatte | Mar 18, 2010 |
I liked this book, but found it a little difficult to sift through as their is an intense amount of facts combined to make one book. It reminds me of the question and answer books that I used to read as a kid except for a much harder to follow version. The author, Bill Bryson, suggests he has spent the past 50 years getting answers to all the difficult questions we have. He has definitely accomplished this goal and has brought light to several questions that weigh on the minds of readers. I di like the comical illustartions and I think that they appeal to kids who decide to give this intimidating book a try. ( )
  jcloke | Nov 9, 2009 |
This is an abridged version of "A short history of nearly everything" for kids.
Books entitled 'A Really Short History of Nearly Everything' (the title of the abridged juvenile edition of 'A Short History of Nearly Everything') but bearing the ISBN 0552997048, which is the unabridged Black Swan paperback edition of 'A Short History of Nearly Everything'.

Enter the world of science as Bill Bryson unmasks the mysteries of the universe.

Did you know that:

• Every atom in your body has almost certainly passed through several stars and been part of millions of organisms on its way to being you?

• If you are an average-sized kid, you have enough potential energy inside you to explode with the force of several hydrogen bombs?

And—What happened to dinosaurs? How big is the universe? Why are oceans salty? Is a meteor going to hit us?

Tackling everything from the Big Bang to the rise of civilization, Bill Bryson’s inimitable storytelling skill makes the why, how, and, just as importantly, the who of scientific discovery entertaining and accessible for young readers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:45 -0400)

Short, illustrated segments explore the history of science.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,964,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible