Red Hood's Revenge (PRINCESS NOVELS) by…

Red Hood's Revenge (PRINCESS NOVELS) (edition 2010)

by Jim C. Hines

Member:JessicaABaker
Title:Red Hood's Revenge (PRINCESS NOVELS)
Authors:Jim C. Hines
Info:DAW (2010), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:*****

Red Hood's Revenge by Jim C. Hines

English (16)  Swedish (1)  All languages (17)
I liked the plot of this book, and the range of female characters was spectacular. But it was draggy. I found myself skimming slower portions. ( )
  tigerb | Apr 7, 2016 |
Red Hood's Revenge, by Jim C. Hines
★★★

Synopsis: Wars may end. But vengeance is forever. Roudette's story was a simple one. A red cape. A wolf. A hunter. Her mother told her she would be safe, so long as she kept to the path. But sometimes the path leads to dark places. Roudette is the hunter now, an assassin known throughout the world as the Lady of the Red Hood. Her mission will take her to the country of Arathea and an ancient fairy threat. At the heart of the conflict between humans and fairies stands the woman Roudette has been hired to kill, the only human ever to have fought the Lady of the Red Hood and survived-the princess known as Sleeping Beauty.
In A Sentence: Decent read, but not one to love
What's Good: I really like fairy tale re-tellings and this was a fun one. I don't have much to say about this one that I haven't said in the previous books of this series, except now we go more into Princess Talia's love life. I thought it was interesting since Talia is a lesian, something you don't often see connected to Sleeping Beauty. I appreciated that though. It's something different.
Still Not Awesome: At this point though, I'm finishing the series because I feel I need to. The series isn't wowing me, and I keep thinking, "this would make a better movie series"
Overall: I'm going to finish the series because there's only one book left and I feel the urge to finish. However, I don't feel that this is an amazing series. It's good, but not awesome. ( )
  Spirolim | Jan 13, 2016 |
Each one of these books just seems better then the previous ones. This one focuses more on Talia and Roudette, also known on Little Red Riding Hood. Again the girls stories are twisted darker in a way that makes sense. There is character growth, especially with Talia, but also with Danielle (it was very impressive). I liked seeing the very different culture of Talia's land as well.

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Roudette's story was a simple one. A red cape. A wolf. A hunter.

Her mother told her she would be safe. so long as she kept to the path. But sometimes the path leads to dark places. Roudette is the hunter now, an assassin known throughout the world as the Lady of the Red Hood. Her mission will take her to Arathea and an ancient fairy threat. At the heart of the conflict between humans and fairies stands the woman Roudette has been hired to kill, the only human ever to have fought the Lady of the Red Hood and survived: the princess known as Sleeping Beauty.

"Her mother told her she would be safe, so long as she kept to the path. But sometimes the path leads to dark places. Roudette is the hunter now, an assassin known thoughout the world as the Lady of the Red Hood. Her mission will take her to Arathea and an ancient fairy threat. At the heart of the conflict between humans and fairies stands the woman Roudette has been hired to kill, the only human ever to have fought the Lady of the Red Hood and survived: the princess known as Sleeping Beauty."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Jim C. Hines is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,528,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible