Evermore by Alyson Noël

Evermore

by Alyson Noël

Series: The Immortals (1)

2009 (20) alyson noel (21) death (22) ebook (17) fantasy (153) fiction (111) ghosts (23) high school (17) immortal (27) immortality (34) immortals (79) love (24) magic (20) own (18) paranormal (104) paranormal romance (21) psychic (26) psychics (17) read (25) romance (102) series (48) supernatural (62) teen (34) The Immortals (26) to-read (68) urban fantasy (27) vampires (45) YA (94) young adult (149) young adult fiction (17)
    Fallen by Lauren Kate (dizzyweasel)
    dizzyweasel: Another love story across time and death.
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (The_Book_Queen)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (The_Book_Queen)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: This is Part two to Evemore.
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (JenMillar)
    JenMillar: A new kind of fairy story, romantic and lovely
    Elixir by Hilary Duff (LaPhenix)
    LaPhenix: A similar eternal love story.
    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: More teen paranormal romance

English (236)  German (2)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (240)
I kind of liked the story, but the writing seemed a bit disjointed at times. The dialog was just kind of off, like trying to explain the plot through conversation in a way that just didn't feel real. I hated the way Drina did the whole "let me fully explain my every motivation, your previous history with Damen, and other random information as I'm attacking you" thing. But, again, I liked the story. I've read the reviews where this was compared to Twilight, and I can see some similarities, but the way that it differed was in that Ever was not obsessed with Damen to the point she felt her entire existence was dependent on his being with her. And there were many other differences too, of course. I may at some point read the second book in the series in the hope that the writing style improves, because the story itself is interesting and it kept me reading it regardless of the flaws. ( )
  a.happy.booker | Mar 14, 2014 |
I'm not sure why I started to read this. I'm pretty sure the kobo app recommended it.

As soon as it started off I knew it wasn't really my kind of book, but i was curious about the whole "seeing auras" and teenage psychic. How she needed to drown out everything so she wouldn't get overwhelmed by stimulus. I've had that feeling a few times so I kinda got attached.

That's the only redeeming part of the entire book for me. Once the love interest came in, I lost whatever remaining internet in the book, but I still had to finish it.

Other reviews have remarked how similar it is to twilight and even though I've never read twilight I can believe it. The relationship was very weak and one sided, made me feel sad about the female gender in general.

Some of the ending bits I liked, but overall I'd give it a meh. ( )
  halkeye | Feb 6, 2014 |
OH this book. What an experience! If you have strong feelings about this book I suggest you take this commentary with a grain of salt, because I found it less then desirable. IN the beginning a girl named Ever lives with her constantly working guardian and just wants to be alone away from the over stimulating world. All of this is understandable as she is obviously going through depression which is understandable when losing everything you love. Cue hot guy that is overly attractive and instantly in love with our good friend Ever. Now, I already saw how Twilight this book was going to be (I use Twilight because that book is just the perfect example of a girl all alone meets a boy who is not what he seems #love #forbidden #angst) but the actual amount of similarities between ( )
1 vote marandaray | Dec 12, 2013 |
Read this book about 3 years ago and was not interested in continuing the series. MC was dully and ditsy, the love interested was far from being attractive, and the story telling was very predictable. ( )
  Amoonsiong | Sep 24, 2013 |
  Amoonsiong | Sep 24, 2013 |
Evermore is a crackerjack read for teens and teen-at-heart adults looking for more teen angst and a gushy love story with some action and mysteries spread throughout.
added by Shortride | editBlogcritics, Mel Odom (Mar 18, 2009)

Getting hooked on this new series is guaranteed!

Alyson Noëlprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schorr, KatieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The only secret people keep / is immortality.

~Emily Dickinson
For Jolynn "Snarky" Been -

my friend for many lifetimes.

(Next time we'll be rock stars!)
"Guess who?"

Since a horrible car accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste…

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031253275X, Paperback)

Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste . . .

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition.  He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets.  Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head.  She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is.  Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Evermore is the book that started it all ... the first book in Alyson Noel's bestselling Immortals series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:13 -0400)

Since the car accident that claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras and hear people's thoughts, and she goes out of her way to hide from other people until she meets Damen, another psychic teenager who is hiding even more mysteries.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Evermore by Alyson Noël was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,565,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible