Evermore by Alyson Noël

Evermore

by Alyson Noël

Series: The Immortals (1)

Fallen by Lauren Kate (dizzyweasel)
    dizzyweasel: Another love story across time and death.
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (The_Book_Queen)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (The_Book_Queen)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: This is Part two to Evemore.
    Elixir by Hilary Duff (LaPhenix)
    LaPhenix: A similar eternal love story.
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (JenMillar)
    JenMillar: A new kind of fairy story, romantic and lovely
    Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (Ariadne305)
    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: More teen paranormal romance

English (246)  German (2)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (250)
I absolutely LOVED this book. I had mixed feelings going into it because I read some negative reviews on retail sites, but figured I would find out for myself anyway, and the Nook edition was only 2.99, plus I had gotten a gift card for my birthday, so what did I have to lose, right? I read the book in one day!

I felt so drawn to Ever, right from the beginning. She felt the need to hide who she really was from everyone around her, trying to forget the girl she used to be. The tragedy in this book is absolutely heartbreaking. There is romance, mystery, intrigue, all rolled into one neat little package.

While Miles and Haven, her best friends, seem like secondary characters who were little more than an afterthought, they add a dynamic to the story that is incredible. It makes the whole story seem real and believable, as you experience the teenage angst that is commonplace with trying to find out who you really are.

Damen is described as smoking hot, and you can actually get an image in your mind of what he looks like. My image of Damen is something like the actor that plays Stefan on The Vampire Diaries, and if I am wrong, I would so rather the author not fill me in on that one!

And of course, then you have Drina, who you will have to develop your own opinion of because if I tell you what I think, there will be spoilers here and I always try to write spoiler-free (mostly because I have not figured out how to hide them like other bloggers do!)

I absolutely loved this story and had total fangirl moments reading it. I am a 30 year old woman obsessed with a fantasy novel. Don't tell my husband, he would be embarrassed to go in public with me after this admission!

I feel that everyone who loves fantasy should read this novel. It was nice to get something out of the ordinary and unexpected. Most fantasy novels of late are filled with vampires in some variation or another, and what you get here is so much better!

Seriously, go buy this book. You will not regret it. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

Seriously, go buy this book. You will not regret it. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
This book is about a girl who lost her family and can hear people's thoughts. She also falls in love with a guy named Damen. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend. 4Q4P The cover art is okay and I' recommend this book to middle and high schoolers. I chose to read this book because my sister got it for me for Christmas. LilyG
  edspicer | Dec 30, 2014 |
This is a great book it has really kept my interest. I'm already on book 4 of the series. ( )
  cheyben4511 | Oct 31, 2014 |
I think this is my least favourite paranormal romance that I've reviewed for my blog so far. The story takes an awful lot from the likes of Twilight, focusing on the relationship between a lonely outsider and a dark mysterious stranger. Although the novel does well to keep Damen's nature secret until the final quarter, it is still very disappointing. He's just too perfect and without weakness to make a decent love interest.

He's also a thoroughly selfish and unlikable character throughout the story. No matter how he tries to justify himself, his actions always feel utterly self-serving and he never gives much thought as to what Ever wants. Ever is not much better as she runs back to Damen time and time again, even when he's publicly embarrassed her or openly flirted with other girls.

Even the secondary cast could not save this story as all of them were bland and very unmemorable. Even Drina, the big baddie, was just too cartoonish and over the top to feel very threatening. The overall message - that love conquers all - also felt a bit too convenient. Ever's depression and Drina's far superior abilities? Not a problem when you have love on your side.

All in all, I really did not enjoy this book much at all. I'm morbidly curious to see what will happen next but I'm in no hurry to find out any time soon. ( )
1 vote ArkhamReviews | Oct 22, 2014 |
Evermore is a crackerjack read for teens and teen-at-heart adults looking for more teen angst and a gushy love story with some action and mysteries spread throughout.
added by Shortride | editBlogcritics, Mel Odom (Mar 18, 2009)

Getting hooked on this new series is guaranteed!

Alyson Noëlprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schorr, KatieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The only secret people keep / is immortality.

~Emily Dickinson
For Jolynn "Snarky" Been -

my friend for many lifetimes.

(Next time we'll be rock stars!)
"Guess who?"

Since a horrible car accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste…

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031253275X, Paperback)

Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste . . .

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition.  He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets.  Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head.  She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is.  Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Evermore is the book that started it all ... the first book in Alyson Noel's bestselling Immortals series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:13 -0400)

Since the car accident that claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras and hear people's thoughts, and she goes out of her way to hide from other people until she meets Damen, another psychic teenager who is hiding even more mysteries.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Evermore by Alyson Noël was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,141,919 books! | Top bar: Always visible