Evermore: The Immortals by Alyson Noël

Evermore: The Immortals (edition 2009)

by Alyson Noël

Member:mjspear
Title:Evermore: The Immortals
Authors:Alyson Noël
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2009), Edition: 1, Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*
Tags:vampires, fantasy

Evermore by Alyson Noël

Fallen by Lauren Kate (dizzyweasel)
    dizzyweasel: Another love story across time and death.
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (The_Book_Queen)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (The_Book_Queen)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: This is Part two to Evemore.
    Elixir by Hilary Duff (LaPhenix)
    LaPhenix: A similar eternal love story.
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (JenMillar)
    JenMillar: A new kind of fairy story, romantic and lovely
    Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (Ariadne305)
    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: More teen paranormal romance

English (247)  German (2)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (251)

No-recomendado por Denisse.

: Me propongo leer de principio a fin libros considerados "malos". Mi intención es encontrar al menos UNA cualidad buena en ellos y reseñarlos objetivamente siguiendo 20 puntos a desarrollar brevemente. (Los puntos varían según el género del que se trate.)

Si tienen ganas de No-recomendarme otros libros
pueden comentar acá o ACÁ. ¡Cualquier género es bienvenido! Cuanto más variado, mejor :)
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
Oregon is nice and beautiful beyond great description and it���������s filled with plenty of forest for any hikers dream. The unfortunate side sometimes is all the wildlife which is what causes a wreck when a deer runs in front of Ever���������s parents��������� car. The wreck leaves Ever all alone with a loss of both parents her sister and their dog. We pick up with Ever while she���������s still coping. The lucky side is because of this accident she gets some new traits and abilities that lets her read emotions see things and hear things that she couldn���������t before. Whereas this can be daunting and a lot to handle because if the sheer size of Laguna Beech and that area with all the people crammed in she has her sisters ghost to keep her company and remind her she���������s not really alone. Then one day while she���������s got her routine down in walks amazing Damen and who world flips again. Through many events ��������� some funny some sad some happy and some more tears ��������� we watch as Ever struggles to accept her life now and let go of things that need to be let go of.

It���������s a good start to what can be a promising series. The characters are well written and leave you wanting to get to know them better and find out more of this immortal world where people can think things into being. I was stressed the entire time about what Ever would do in Damens case and all that it would entail. The writer wrote it as a page turner and I literally couldn���������t put it down.
  jessica_reads | Mar 24, 2015 |
I absolutely LOVED this book. I had mixed feelings going into it because I read some negative reviews on retail sites, but figured I would find out for myself anyway, and the Nook edition was only 2.99, plus I had gotten a gift card for my birthday, so what did I have to lose, right? I read the book in one day!

I felt so drawn to Ever, right from the beginning. She felt the need to hide who she really was from everyone around her, trying to forget the girl she used to be. The tragedy in this book is absolutely heartbreaking. There is romance, mystery, intrigue, all rolled into one neat little package.

While Miles and Haven, her best friends, seem like secondary characters who were little more than an afterthought, they add a dynamic to the story that is incredible. It makes the whole story seem real and believable, as you experience the teenage angst that is commonplace with trying to find out who you really are.

Damen is described as smoking hot, and you can actually get an image in your mind of what he looks like. My image of Damen is something like the actor that plays Stefan on The Vampire Diaries, and if I am wrong, I would so rather the author not fill me in on that one!

And of course, then you have Drina, who you will have to develop your own opinion of because if I tell you what I think, there will be spoilers here and I always try to write spoiler-free (mostly because I have not figured out how to hide them like other bloggers do!)

I absolutely loved this story and had total fangirl moments reading it. I am a 30 year old woman obsessed with a fantasy novel. Don't tell my husband, he would be embarrassed to go in public with me after this admission!

I feel that everyone who loves fantasy should read this novel. It was nice to get something out of the ordinary and unexpected. Most fantasy novels of late are filled with vampires in some variation or another, and what you get here is so much better!

Seriously, go buy this book. You will not regret it. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

Seriously, go buy this book. You will not regret it. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
This book is about a girl who lost her family and can hear people's thoughts. She also falls in love with a guy named Damen. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend. 4Q4P The cover art is okay and I' recommend this book to middle and high schoolers. I chose to read this book because my sister got it for me for Christmas. LilyG
  edspicer | Dec 30, 2014 |
Evermore is a crackerjack read for teens and teen-at-heart adults looking for more teen angst and a gushy love story with some action and mysteries spread throughout.
added by Shortride | editBlogcritics, Mel Odom (Mar 18, 2009)

Getting hooked on this new series is guaranteed!

Alyson Noëlprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schorr, KatieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The only secret people keep / is immortality.

~Emily Dickinson
For Jolynn "Snarky" Been -

my friend for many lifetimes.

(Next time we'll be rock stars!)
"Guess who?"

Since a horrible car accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste…

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031253275X, Paperback)

Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste . . .

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition.  He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets.  Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head.  She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is.  Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Evermore is the book that started it all ... the first book in Alyson Noel's bestselling Immortals series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:17 -0400)

Since the car accident that claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras and hear people's thoughts, and she goes out of her way to hide from other people until she meets Damen, another psychic teenager who is hiding even more mysteries.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Evermore by Alyson Noël was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,141,970 books! | Top bar: Always visible