Evermore: The Immortals by Alyson Noël

Evermore: The Immortals (edition 2009)

by Alyson Noël

Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2009), Edition: 1, Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*
Tags:vampires, fantasy

Evermore by Alyson Noël

Fallen by Lauren Kate (dizzyweasel)
    dizzyweasel: Another love story across time and death.
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (The_Book_Queen)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (The_Book_Queen)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: This is Part two to Evemore.
    Elixir by Hilary Duff (LaPhenix)
    LaPhenix: A similar eternal love story.
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (JenMillar)
    JenMillar: A new kind of fairy story, romantic and lovely
    Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (Ariadne305)
    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: More teen paranormal romance

English (241)  German (2)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (245)
This was an enticing, quality book. Very suitable for younger teens in my opinion; it has a romantic theme but the content is PG-13. The heroine is sensible and responsible for her choices. I applaud the author for her efforts to provide a good role model. The storyline is suspenseful and had me guessing well into the book. I only gave it four stars because it never really wowed me, but it was a very pleasant experience and I'm glad I read it.

twerkysandwich | Jul 10, 2014 |
Title: Evermore
Author: Alyson Noel
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
Genre: Young Adult | Paranormal Romance
Reviewer Rating: Five Stars

After a tragic accident that claimed the lives of the rest of her family, Ever Bloom is forced to build her life anew. Not only does she move from Eugene, Orgeon to Laguna Beach, California to live with her aunt, thus starting a new school, but discovers she possesses psychic gifts that she had not possessed prior to the accident.

Sometime after she begins attending a new school and makes friends, she meets Damen Auguste, another newbie to the school.

“Damen is gorgeous, exotic, and wealthy”, but best of all, he helps Ever to “silence the noise and random energy in her head”.

I started reading this book to “fill a box” (a book from the Young Adult genre) on my “bingo sheet”, which is a part of my local library’s summer reading program this year. The cover intrigued me, but to be honest I nearly returned it before leaving the library because the point of view is one that tends to set my teeth on edge - First Person Present. I gave it a chance, though, and LOVED it! I started it one day and finished it the next.

Quite often, I will avoid books with vampires. To my way of thinking, they’ve been done... to death. (Please excuse the pun.) What I liked about this book, though, was the psychic aspects. The principles were quite in line with my own bits of knowledge and experience. And as an “Immortal”, Damen disputed the myths and pulp culture surrounding vampires. In addition, having lived in California as a kid until I was a young adult - particularly Southern California - some of the scenes were like “coming home” to me.

There were a few things I found frustrating with regard to both Damen and Ever, however, I found they were issues that were cleared up by the end.

I would highly recommend this to those who enjoy young adult, paranormal romance. ( )
  Dawna.Kreis | Jun 27, 2014 |
Read my review on Booknerd777.Blogspot.com ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
Read my review on Booknerd777.Blogspot.com ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
Couldn't finish the book. Terrible writing, terrible plot - I don't think I have a single good thing to say about this novel. The storytelling was very abrupt with little transitions, and I couldn't connect with the narrator at all. Definitely not recommended to anyone. No idea how so many people could give it 5 stars... ( )
  ayliang | Jun 11, 2014 |
Evermore is a crackerjack read for teens and teen-at-heart adults looking for more teen angst and a gushy love story with some action and mysteries spread throughout.
added by Shortride | editBlogcritics, Mel Odom (Mar 18, 2009)

Getting hooked on this new series is guaranteed!

Alyson Noëlprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schorr, KatieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The only secret people keep / is immortality.

~Emily Dickinson
For Jolynn "Snarky" Been -

my friend for many lifetimes.

(Next time we'll be rock stars!)
"Guess who?"

Since a horrible car accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste…

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031253275X, Paperback)

Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste . . .

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition.  He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets.  Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head.  She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is.  Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Evermore is the book that started it all ... the first book in Alyson Noel's bestselling Immortals series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:13 -0400)

Since the car accident that claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras and hear people's thoughts, and she goes out of her way to hide from other people until she meets Damen, another psychic teenager who is hiding even more mysteries.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Evermore by Alyson Noël was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,693,045 books! | Top bar: Always visible