Evermore: The Immortals by Alyson Noël

Evermore: The Immortals (edition 2009)

by Alyson Noël

Member:mjspear
Title:Evermore: The Immortals
Authors:Alyson Noël
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2009), Edition: 1, Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*
Tags:vampires, fantasy

Evermore by Alyson Noël

Fallen by Lauren Kate (dizzyweasel)
    dizzyweasel: Another love story across time and death.
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (The_Book_Queen)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (The_Book_Queen)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: This is Part two to Evemore.
    Elixir by Hilary Duff (LaPhenix)
    LaPhenix: A similar eternal love story.
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (JenMillar)
    JenMillar: A new kind of fairy story, romantic and lovely
    Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (Ariadne305)
    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: More teen paranormal romance

English (263)  German (2)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (267)
[Monday, January 4, 2010] I'm enjoying this book but the author is amateur and she is obviously a fan of Stephine Meyer. I wish Riley wasn't in the book. I mean the author wants Ever to have so many powers that she doesn't value which is totally bull! She can see the dead and talk to them, she can see some kind of "aura" around people, she reads their minds, she can touch a book and know it by heart, she doesn't have to study, she can always know the right answer! You see where I am going with this!! The author should choose, or at least make the main character more interesting and interested in her gifts!! Weak book.

[Wednesday, ‎November ‎20, ‎2013] Years ago, I couldn't finish this book and I felt sad because I loved the cover. I almost forgot the story-line so a few days ago I started the book again and I was surprised of how much I liked it! I guess my taste changed or I was in a certain stage that I couldn't enjoy this book. Because right now, I can't put it down. See?! Things change!

[Monday, ‎December ‎2, ‎2013] It took me three years to finish this book. I read half of hit in 2010 and than couldn't continue, but because I hate giving up on things and not finish them, I returned to this book a few days ago. First thing, this book doesn't hold a candle to Twilight. Bella Swan is one of my favorite female characters and the whole concept of Twilight is full-rounded, I hate it when authors try to stab another author with between the lines metaphors but imitate them as well; with that said I got to say that I wanted to throttle the author and Ever more than once. The conversations and characters study was so weak and unrealistic. I mean, she created a world with new laws, might as well have convinced us with it, the conversation between the characters and their feelings didn't feel real at all to me, Ever bored me to death with all her stupid ideas and stubbornness and stupidity! Ugh, I could go on and on... but I don't feel like it. The book is okay but not great. At least I'm done with it. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

[Wednesday, 0ENovember 0E20, 0E2013] Years ago, I couldn't finish this book and I felt sad because I loved the cover. I almost forgot the story-line so a few days ago I started the book again and I was surprised of how much I liked it! I guess my taste changed or I was in a certain stage that I couldn't enjoy this book. Because right now, I can't put it down. See?! Things change!

[Monday, 0EDecember 0E2, 0E2013] It took me three years to finish this book. I read half of hit in 2010 and than couldn't continue, but because I hate giving up on things and not finish them, I returned to this book a few days ago. First thing, this book doesn't hold a candle to Twilight. Bella Swan is one of my favorite female characters and the whole concept of Twilight is full-rounded, I hate it when authors try to stab another author with between the lines metaphors but imitate them as well; with that said I got to say that I wanted to throttle the author and Ever more than once. The conversations and characters study was so weak and unrealistic. I mean, she created a world with new laws, might as well have convinced us with it, the conversation between the characters and their feelings didn't feel real at all to me, Ever bored me to death with all her stupid ideas and stubbornness and stupidity! Ugh, I could go on and on... but I don't feel like it. The book is okay but not great. At least I'm done with it. ( )

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
This book was written well and the story flowed nicely at times. The fact that the author over explained everything did not ruin the tale. It had a very similar feel, Twilight anyone ? But not as well done. I enjoyed it enough to read the next story but only from the library I would not buy it. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Interesting story. My first by this author. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
Evermore is a crackerjack read for teens and teen-at-heart adults looking for more teen angst and a gushy love story with some action and mysteries spread throughout.
added by Shortride | editBlogcritics, Mel Odom (Mar 18, 2009)

Getting hooked on this new series is guaranteed!

Alyson Noëlprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schorr, KatieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The only secret people keep / is immortality.

~Emily Dickinson
For Jolynn "Snarky" Been -

my friend for many lifetimes.

(Next time we'll be rock stars!)
"Guess who?"

Since a horrible car accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste…

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031253275X, Paperback)

Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste . . .

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition.  He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets.  Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head.  She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is.  Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Evermore is the book that started it all ... the first book in Alyson Noel's bestselling Immortals series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:17 -0400)

Since the car accident that claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras and hear people's thoughts, and she goes out of her way to hide from other people until she meets Damen, another psychic teenager who is hiding even more mysteries.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Evermore by Alyson Noël was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,862,118 books! | Top bar: Always visible