Danza de dragones (Vintage Espanol) (Spanish…

Danza de dragones (Vintage Espanol) (Spanish Edition) (original 2011; edition 2012)

by George R.R. Martin

9,626345299 (4.04)2 / 400
Member:joaba
Title:Danza de dragones (Vintage Espanol) (Spanish Edition)
Authors:George R.R. Martin
Info:Vintage (2012), Edition: Tra, Paperback, 1000 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, fantasy

A Dance With Dragons by George R. R. Martin (Author) (2011)

Dune by Frank Herbert (kraaivrouw)
    kraaivrouw: Similarly concerned with the politics of power and survival.
    A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin (kraaivrouw)
    kraaivrouw: It's the first in the series and all should be read.

English (330)  Spanish (5)  German (3)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  All (1)  Hungarian (1)  Catalan (1)  All (344)
Running parallel in time with A Feast for Crows, A Dance for Dragons focuses more on the events at The Wall and in Meereen, thus partnering the former novel. Here we catch up with Tyrion, Danaerys and Arya, characters that felt neglected in the last volume. As ever with Martin's books the stories are twisty and complicated but brilliantly plotted. Other reviewers have commented on the fact that they feel the plots move slowly but that is not really the case. It is the scope of the plots that mean that numerous storylines have to be woven together to produce the richest, most vibrant tapestry.

Many readers have picked up these books through the success of the TV series - a warning, the TV series has always made slight plot changes, now the two are almost in sync the plots are starting to diverge. The TV show is brilliant but the books are slower and with far more acute character development. Just start at the beginning and savour them. I've taken two years to read these, rationing myself to enjoy the experience - now they're complete I feel a little bereft and just as eager to find out the next chapter. ( )
  pluckedhighbrow | Jun 26, 2017 |
WHAT THE HELL
I NEED THE NEXT BOOK
NOW ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
Too much wind. ( )
  CarlosMcRey | Jun 18, 2017 |
I've always said Martin is an amazing writer. He creates characters you simply can't forget (and then kills them). His plotting is amazing, his world is rich and alive, and he writes from a variety of age and gender perspectives with remarkable skill. He is, without a doubt, one of the best writers of the modern day (or perhaps ever).

All that said, I did find this book to move slower than many of the others. I think this is largely due to the fact that so many of the characters are in transition. I can't say a lot if I want to avoid spoilers, but there was a lot of tension through much of the book without ever getting to a great deal of action or resolution. Given the scope of the story he is telling, I can't say that this large transitionary period is out of place, just that it moves a little slower than some of the other books.

The end, I had some issues with, but I intend to take them up with Martin personally.

Really, Martin! How could you?! ;-)

All said, well worth the read.

NikkiMc | Jun 8, 2017 |
Well, it slugs along. We hear the history of every single person mentioned back to their great granddads (or at least seems that way). I was tempted at times to just read the chapters on the characters I find interesting which are not too many (mainly Daenerys and Tyrion). I learned nothing new compared to the series and yes there are slight divergences, i.e., some events have different characters in them than the series, or the events are slightly different, condensed or expanded -- but in the end the differences are minimal. Not really sure why I'm still reading this series... ( )
  Marse | May 20, 2017 |
It's terrible. Martin has taken the concept of the pot-boiler to an extreme — it's a novel where nothing happens other than continual seething, roiling turmoil. He whipsaws the reader through a dozen different, complex story lines where characters struggle to survive in a world wrecked by civil war — one other problem is that I'd hit a chapter about some minor character from the previous four books, and struggled to remember who the heck this person is, and why I'm supposed to care — and again, nothing is resolved. Well, not quite: major characters are brutally killed, if they're male, and graphically and degradingly humiliated into irrelevance if they're female. I guess that's a resolution, all right — perhaps the last book will be a lovingly detailed description of a graveyard, draped with naked women mourning?
added by jimroberts | editPharyngula, PZ Myers (Jul 28, 2011)

Martin remains boundlessly creative, sketching out intricately realized new civilizations, societies, religions, and factions on one continent while continuing to complicate the established political agendas on another. No part of his world ever feels like an afterthought or an easy fantasy cliché.

Even so, “A Dance With Dragons,” for its bounty of adventure, is more about Mr. Martin marshaling his forces in anticipation of the cycle’s final two books.

Was "A Dance With Dragons" worth the six-year wait? Absolutely.

Martin, George R. R.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Norey, VirginiaHeraldic Crestssecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dotrice, RoyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Macía, CristinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ward, Jeffery L.Endpaper and interior maps bysecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ce volume est pour mes fans

pour Lodey, Trebla, Stego, Pod,
Caress, Yags, X-Ray et Mr. X,
Kate, Chataya, Mormont, Mich,
Jamie, Vanessa, Ro,
pour Stubby, Louise, Agravaine,
Wert, Malt, Jo,
Mouse, Telisiane, Blackfyre,
Bronn Stone, Coyote's Daughter
et le reste des cinglés et des folles furieuses de
la Confrérie sans Bannières

pour les sorciers de mon site web
Elio et Linda, seigneurs de Westeros,
Winter et Fabio de WIC,
et Gibbs de Dragonstone, à l'origine de tout

pour les hommes et les femmes d'Asshai en Espagne
qui nous ont chanté un ours et une gente damoiselle
et les fabuleux fans d'Italie
qui m'ont tant donné de vin

pour mes lecteurs de Finlande, Allemagne,
Brésil, Portugal, France et Pays-Bas
et tous les autres pays lointains
où vous attendiez cette danse

et pour tous les amis et les fans
qu'il me reste encore à rencontrer

Merci de votre patience
The night was rank with the smell of man.
"Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies .... The man who never reads lives only one."
Women do not forget. Women do not forgive.
Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical ... the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It's the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble.
There are ghosts in Winterfell. And I am one of them.
Little plot progress
Dragons? Dany? Others? Imp?
Do nothing at all
(amweb)

In the aftermath of a colossal battle, the future of the Seven Kingdoms hangs in the balance once again--beset by newly emerging threats from every direction. In the east, Daenerys Targaryen, the last scion of House Targaryen, rules with her three dragons as queen of a city built on dust and death. But Daenerys has three times three thousand enemies, and many have set out to find her. Yet, as they gather, one young man embarks upon his own quest for the queen, with an entirely different goal in mind.

To the north lies the mammoth Wall of ice and stone--a structure only as strong as those guarding it. There, Jon Snow, 998th Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch, will face his greatest challenge yet. For he has powerful foes not only within the Watch but also beyond, in the land of the creatures of ice.

And from all corners, bitter conflicts soon reignite, intimate betrayals are perpetrated, and a grand cast of outlaws and priests, soldiers and skinchangers, nobles and slaves, will face seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Some will fail, others will grow in the strength of darkness. But in a time of rising restlessness, the tides of destiny and politics will lead inevitably to the greatest dance of all. . . .

Dubbed “the American Tolkien” by Time magazine, George R. R. Martin has earned international acclaim for his monumental cycle of epic fantasy. Now the #1 New York Times bestselling author delivers the fifth book in his spellbinding landmark series--as both familiar faces and surprising new forces vie for a foothold in a fragmented empire.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:15 -0400)

New threats emerge to endanger the future of the Seven Kingdoms, as Daenerys Targaryen, ruling in the East, fights off a multitude of enemies, while Jon Snow, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, faces his foes both in the Watch and beyond the great Wallof ice and stone.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,166,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible