Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder by Chris…

Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder

by Chris Cavender

This is the book that set me on my way to solving mysteries. I never did or could. But after reading the third book in the series, something clicked and I could solve, potentially, any mystery. Here the story revolves around the body found in the pizzeria and the suspect being one of the employers who is also the victim's brother. I remember this book dimly but it made a great impression on me. Hence the score. ( )
  Jiraiya | Jun 13, 2013 |
I enjoy spending time with Eleanor and Maddy along with her employees and friends. When her employee Greg's brother Wade is killed in her Pizza place, Slice of Delight, Eleanor and Maddy are on the hunt, who killed Wade, and why?

Eleanor is still pretty off-hand with her safety in general and everyone around her as well. She goes out to deliberately "poke a stick in the hornet's nest". Not a good thing to do when you make pizza for a living, don't carry any kind of weapon and have no self-defense skills. In this I agree with the police chief, she is going to get herself killed!

The mystery in this book is really good, lots of viable suspects and plenty of red herrings to pull your attention away from the actual killer.

I enjoy the books and will keep reading but do hope that Eleanor starts being a little more careful with her own safety. ( )
  bookswoman | Mar 31, 2013 |
I enjoyed reading much more than the 1st one.
Easier to read in English. That's why I can enjoyed??? ( )
  wankorobo | Sep 26, 2012 |
I did not enjoy this book as much as I did "A Slice of Murder" but it was still a good book. I do love the the relationship between the two sisters. Their relationship is fun, and I love their off-beat sense of humor.

In this book, Greg is accused of murdering his brother and the sisters are out to prove his innocence. ( )
  wearylibrarian | Sep 4, 2012 |
This is the second of the Pizza Lover's Mysteries. The protagonist, Eleanor Swift is the widowed owner and chef of A Slice of Delight, a small pizzeria in the small town of Timber Ridge, North Carolina.

Eleanor's only employees are her sister, Maddy and a young college student named Greg Hatcher. Greg's grandparents were killed in an explosion the previous year, and their will divided their estate between Greg and his spoiled older brother Wade. But Wade believes he should get 3/4 the$200,000 estate, and is planning a lawsuit to that effect.

Greg shows up at work one day with a bloody nose, received in an altercation with his brother. Late that night, she's awakened by a phone call from the police chief, who asks her to return to her restaurant. Wade's was found on the floor with a bloody rolling pin next to him, and Greg is the chief suspect.

Certain that the young man, whom Eleanor thinks of as family, is innocent, she and Maddy set out to figure out who the real killer is. Their quest is not aided by the fact that Eleanor dated Police Chief Kevin Hurley in high school, and things are still uncomfortable between them. Also, Greg and Wade's mother, learning of their quest, tries to stop Eleanor and Maddy by planting a cockroach in a meal she ordered at their restaurant.

The sisters' quest to clear the name of their employee and friend is very believable; they talk to residents of their town in plausible scenarios. The characters and the relationships between them are also well-drawn.

Chris Cavender is the pen-name for Tim Myers, who writes several other cozy mystery series under his own name and various others. I enjoyed this so much that I'm going to check out some of those other series. ( )
  Marlyn | Jun 12, 2010 |

After the body of her delivery driver's brother ends up on the floor of her pizzeria, Eleanor Swift enlists the help of her sister Maddy in searching for the real killer, all while trying to keep her pizza business afloat.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,720,530 books! | Top bar: Always visible