X-Factor, Vol. 8: Overtime by Peter David

X-Factor, Vol. 8: Overtime

by Peter David

With the exception to the Secret Invasion tie-in, I've really been enjoying Peter David's X-Factor series. But I found this trade to be really lacking the usual magic that keeps me reading. X-Factor started out with a noir feel to it, but that's totally lacking in this story arc. Instead, Madrox and Layla Miller are stuck in the future, apparently tying up loose ends that were presented in the previous trades.

While elderly von Doom was entertaining at times, elderly Cyclops and his daughter Ruby left me completely cold, and the whole story felt rather disjointed to me. Maybe if it hadn't been six months since I'd last read an X-Factor story, I would have felt differently. But I'm hoping that David will return to his gritty story lines that made this series a must read.

The art was okay, but nothing spectacular. There was a "big reveal" about one of the characters, but because the art, I didn't know who in the heck the character was supposed to be until another character spelled it out clearly several pages later.

Altogether, this is a rather disappointing offering of X-Factor, which has usually been a very good read. ( )
  schatzi | May 9, 2010 |
I said you have my attention, Falcone.

It's Siryn in the fight of her life against the absolute last person that she would have expected to be battling. And Madrox, Layla, and Ruby find themselves under assault by the Sentinels just when they're on the verge of discovering the mystery behind Cortex! Collects X-Factor #46-50.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:29 -0400)

Jamie Madrox and Layla Miller, stranded eighty years in the future, seek to find the cause of temporal anomalies that threaten to trigger the collapse of the Summers Rebellion, but to succeed they will need the help of Victor Von Doom! Also, Cortex plots to destroy X-Factor by using Shatterstar, a former X-Factor ally -- and the identity of Cortex is finally revealed!… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,699,172 books! | Top bar: Always visible