Stuffed by Eric Walters

Stuffed

by Eric Walters

Come by my blog, Forever Lost in Books, for MORE reviews, giveaways, interviews and memes!

Rating : 2.5 roses

Alright, so this was a (sucky) school reading. Since, where I live, we speak in French, our English reads are tiny. And, I mean, this book had big writing and was LITTLE! I don't think you can call this a book; I'd call this a STORY.

*sigh* So, the meaning of this book was good, and that's what kept me from giving it 1 star, but, otherwise, the writing had nothing special; the vocabulary wasn't developed (I think that was done on purpose, actually) and the story was juvenile (again, probably on purpose *sigh*)

Overall; DO. NOT. READ. THIS. BOOK.

Thank you! ( )
  ccathee17c | Jun 7, 2013 |
This is an ORCA book - highly engaging but easy to read. Perfect for struggling readers. Authentic depiction of teens, email, and fast food. Excellent blending of relationship drama between three friends, courtroom-style drama of legal people trying to outsmart each other, and real-life involvement in issues through taking a stand and using technology. The dialog is both realistic and witty. ( )
  Warnerp | Jul 21, 2010 |
Full review:

Short excerpt:

Stuffed is not a fantastic novel by any means, but it’s written in the (reasonably engaging) style of a teenager, which with any luck will appeal to my students. Eric Walters has done a good job for what the purpose of this book is – simple, clear writing with a plot that will engage reluctant readers.
  darkestembrace | Jun 12, 2010 |
Ian’s 2 best friends are dating each other (Julia & Oswald) & he feels like a third wheel. His parents want him to be a lawyer just like them but he hates arguing. Then he sees a documentary about the fast food giant “Frankies’ that gives him an idea [ Read MacDonalds and Super Size Me]. As part of a media studies assignment he asks everyone he knows to boycott Frankies for a day via email ( how many people will he reach?) But then Frankies threatens to sue him & suddenly Ian has to defend himself from attacks at school, via email and more..p.35-43 Ian runs his idea by Julia & Oswald
  nicsreads | Apr 19, 2007 |
After watching a documentary about the dangers of fast food, Ian convinces his classmates to boycott Frankie's, a huge fast-food chain. His boycott creates so much attention that Frankie's takes notice and fights back.
  Catnelson | Dec 12, 2006 |

Concerned about the effects of eating fast-foods, Ian begins a campaign to make everyone stop eating at the local hang-out, Frankie's, but when legal action is taken against him and his protesting friends, Ian must stand steadfast in his beliefs while convincing his nervous classmates to do the same.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,370,224 books! | Top bar: Always visible