Future Hope: Book 1 of the ITP Series by…

Future Hope: Book 1 of the ITP Series

by David Gelber

741,138,814 (2)None

It's 2156 on Earth and the United Nations is the top governing body of the world, religion is eliminated and banned, rapid population expansion is slowed by using limited government sanctioned pregnancies, medicine can cure virtually every disease leading to increased longevity and energy concerns have been eliminated. However, humans have used up the resources on the planet and in the galaxy.

So is interdimensional space exploration the next step? Dr. Deborah Tennyson, a brilliant mathematician, certainly thinks so and she is willing to send the best astropilot, David Sanders, to test it out. The first space flight proved successful as a dog named Little Bit was transported and returned relatively unscathed.

But will David Sanders succeed? He is an excellent astropilot, but he’s going into the unknown and what he finds changes his belief in God and mankind.

Senator Adrian Leavitt wanted the Interdimensional Travel Program to fail and would try anything to stop it from happening. Will he shut down the mission before David Sanders can return?

This is an interesting blend of science fiction and Christian fiction. The interconnection is brilliant and Dr. Gelber takes you on a thrilling ride into the universe and beyond.

A warm thank you to Dr. Gelber and PR by the Book for giving me the opportunity to review this book. ( )
  sherton | Jul 12, 2010 |
Okay, I was trying to expand my horizons in the type of books that I read and so when this book was offered to me for review, I thought I'd try it. Unfortunately, after trying several times to get through, I have to admit, I can't handle it. It's just not my type of book.

I've read other reviews which I found that make it seem very interesting but I can't seem to get to that point in the book that I want to go on. Someone else with more futuristic tastes would probably really enjoy this book, it's just not me. Maybe if I every move on to that point in my reading, I'll try it again. ( )
  cyderry | May 4, 2010 |
The population of Earth is expanding. And as with anything, a critical level of population growth will be reached. Therefore, alternatives and searching for resources is at the top of the pack. The ITP is the hope of a crowded planet. Interdimensional Transport Protocol. If it works, astropilots can leave our space and search for other planets. Major David Sanders is the pilot chosen for the inaugural flight. He wants to do great things, and this is just the thing for him.
Little does he know, he will find far greater things. Happiness, joy, a new life, new people, and a place called Eden. He is happy where he is. It is a true paradise. However, things take a turn for the worst and he must return to Earth. He has lived a lifetime in a very short period of our time. But he has a greater purpose. He must teach. He must make others learn the lessons he has learned, the truths that were missing, and the fact that it is not yet too late to change.
This book is about much more than space. It’s about a search for ourselves and for something greater than ourselves. It’s about life and living and acknowledging that maybe there is a God in a time when no one believes.
I have always been a fan of sci-fi, but this book surprised me. Space is vast, but so is our potential. I felt as though this book could be talking about us now. We think we’re so self-sufficient, but are we really? Are we so self-destructive that we’ve forgotten our roots – our most basic foundation?
I found this to be an unexpectedly thought-provoking book. At face value it’s one thing, but reading deeper it’s a warning and a lesson. It’s not so much about religion as it is finding our own truth. It’s not preachy – which I appreciated.
This book has it all – drama, danger, the thrill. This is book one of what hopefully will be more books. I look forward to reading more about the continuing saga about mankind and the dangers faced.
  bshowell | Mar 27, 2010 |
A world so advanced in technology that not only is interplanetary travel possible, but a common means of supplying the earth with resource to survive its ever growing population. Now the concept of interdimensional travel is past the drawing board and on to trials with the ITP (Interdimensional Transport Protocol) project. The mathematician behind the calculation, Dr. Deborah Tennyson had a professional and person interest in the launch of the ITP with a hot shot astropilot like Major David Sanders behind the flight controls. The journey through space and dimension was going to make him famous, but when something went wrong and he became stranded who knew where, who knew when, he found not only inhabitants of the planet he landed on, but possibly a new way of thinking to take back to Earth, if he ever got back to it.

What an incredible concept, the future of the planet in the hands of a conceded and self absorbed although talented pilot. The lack of faith in anything but the science is a very good story line with an interesting cast of characters. I struggled with the repetitiveness of the story, everything seemed to be over described, and then described again. The specifics where lined out for everything from thoughts, actions and conversations to the technical terminology which seemed to bog down the flow of the story. There was a political and religious aspect to it that seemed to help make a point about possible consequences to relying to heavily on technology. While some of the theories seem to be plausible, this is still a fantasy that went on and on about some of the less important parts (in my opinion) of the story and while I am not interested in reading the next one (it is hinted at having a follow up book), it was still a decent story, for a first novel. ( )
  onyx95 | Feb 23, 2010 |
"You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." --God
"You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God." --Satan
This novel is dedicated to my loving wife of twenty-three years, Laura, and our three children Courtney, Chelsea, and Joshua.
General Moosewood fumbled with the switches at the podium as he stood before the assembled band of political bureaucrats, preparing to start his annual report to the Joint Congressional Committee on Interplanetary Travel and Commerce.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,373,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible