The Lion by Nelson DeMille

The Lion

by Nelson DeMille

This is one of those stories where the evil guy spends years (three in this case) training and planning a terrorist/revenge attack while the "hero" spends the time drinking and being a wise ass.

The evil guy then executes the plan with superman like abilities: killing skilled adversaries and getting things done with out any roadblocks. The 'hero" continues to wisecrack and drink. The only ability the hero seems to have is an uncanny sixth sense that puts him in the right spot at the right time. This is very convenient if you are a thriller author.

In the end it comes down to a knife battle between the highly trained, superman-ish villian, and the wise cracking, beer drinking, thriller-author-helpful clairvoyant hero. Don't bother to read. The hero wins.

Nelson Demille, I am calling you out. I LOVED Cathedral, The Charm School, The Lion's Game, Night Fall, Plum Island, Up Country, and Word of Honor. What is up with crap like The Lion, and the other clunkers, Spencerville, The Talbot Odyssey, Wild Fire, and The Gate House? ( )
1 vote mainrun | Jan 3, 2013 |
If Johb Cory is Nelson DeMille's alter-ego, I don't want to meet either of them. ( )
  dianaleez | Dec 20, 2012 |
The beginning and end of this book were exciting and engaging. The repetitive antics and sarcasm of protagonist John Corey throughout the bulk of this book were tiresome at best. Not one of DeMille's best; I was disappointed. ( )
  shequiltz | Sep 17, 2011 |
Fine sequel. The cynicism of Corey is infectious. Enjoyed the book. ( )
  buffalogr | Sep 17, 2011 |
although gory - excellent sequel to the Lion's Game. The bad guy, Assaad Khalil is really really bad and I like the hero - the John Corey character ( )
  afarrington | Aug 20, 2011 |
To my family ---- Sandy, Lauren, Alex, and James, with love
So I'm sitting in a Chevy SUV, on Third Avenue, waiting for my target, a guy named Komeni Weenie or something, an Iranian gent who is Third Deputy something or other with the Iranian Mission to the United Nations.
ISBNs 0446619256 and 044658083X are for The Lion; not The Lion's Game.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044658083X, Hardcover)

In this eagerly awaited follow-up to The Lion's Game, John Corey, former NYPD Homicide detective and special agent for the Anti-Terrorist Task Force, is back. And, unfortunately for Corey, so is Asad Khalil, the notorious Libyan terrorist otherwise known as "The Lion." Last we heard from him, Khali had claimed to be defecting to the US only to unleash the most horrific reign of terrorism ever to occur on American soil. While Corey and his partner, FBI agent Kate Mayfield, chased him across the country, Khalil methodically eliminated his victims one by one and then disappeared without a trace.

Now, years later, Khalil has returned to America to make good on his threats and take care of unfinished business. "The Lion" is a killing machine once again loose in America with a mission of revenge, and John Corey will stop at nothing to achieve his own goal -- to find and kill Khahil.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:19 -0400)

Asad Khalil, the notorious Libyan terrorist otherwise known as "The Lion," has returned to America to make good on his threats and take care of unfinished business. John Corey, former NYPD Homicide detective and special agent for the Anti-Terrorist Task Force, will stop at nothing to find and kill Khahil.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,067,493 books! | Top bar: Always visible