Hangman by Faye Kellerman

by Faye Kellerman (Author)

Recently added byanni66, ryanpoole, lanaday101, Kelda, Corduroy7, knersus, skamzelski, heyjohn, private library, PBirgander

This was my first read of a title from the Decker/Lazarus series and I was definitely engrossed in the story. I also love the fact that although I’m interested to read more titles in the series that I was able to enjoy this novel as a stand-alone story. The couple of Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus momentarily reminded me of J.D. Robb's Lt. Eve Dallas and husband Roarke but emphasis on momentarily. Characterically they can be identified in the same sentence only due to each of the Lieutenant’s commitment to solving crimes and their steadfast partners. I eventually tired of Lt. Dallas and Roarke. I can't see myself tiring of Lt. Decker and wife Rina. I don't give spoilers so you'll have to read the novel to identify with my comments.

As more and more characters are introduced in this novel through Decker's investigation of a missing woman and a murder on a local construction site, the spider web becomes more intricately woven of how the characters’ lives are related. I also liked the build of the missing woman investigation to develop an interesting tie to Decker and his family. I don't know that it would ever be allowed to occur in 'real life' but for me it added more complexity and showed the author’s sophisticated writing style in the linking between the professional and personal sides of Decker’s life.

This novel also provides insight to how thorough police investigations are, how many questions need to be asked to discern timelines and to decipher the relationships of the complicated webs of people's lives and how much time is needed to build cases for prosecution. At the same time it portrays the reality of understanding families of law enforcement personnel and how all of their personal lives are literally interrupted on an ongoing basis.

If you like to read mystery and detective novels to match your detective skills and figure out the outcome before the author's reveal, I highly recommend this novel. I want to read more novels in the series! ( )
  Corduroy7 | Nov 8, 2015 |
The Decker/Lazarus Series written by Faye Kellerman is always a good read. Hangman is another fine example. The storyline is fast-pace and keeps you guessing. The characters are believable and always makes you cheer for the good guys and boo at the bad guys. ( )
  Jolenemacinjax | Nov 12, 2014 |
Faye Kellerman never disappoints! I love the Decker family. ( )
  dragonflydee1 | Apr 3, 2013 |
A fun thriller with twists and turns. Perfect for a day at the beach. ( )
  jenniferthomp75 | May 29, 2011 |
Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus face a familiar sociopath in this electrifying new tale of suspense from New York Times bestselling author Faye Kellerman When LAPD Lieutenant Peter Decker reluctantly agrees to do a big favour for old friend Teresa McLaughlin, he knows that his involvement will bring her sociopathic husband, Chris Donatti, back into his life. But then Terry goes missing and Donatti disappears, leaving their 14-year-old son Gabe behind. Meanwhile Adriana Blanc, a party-loving nurse, is found swinging from the rafters of a house in a wealthy suburban area. Her last phone call announced she was breaking up with her philandering boyfriend and Decker questions whether it was in fact suicide. With lives hanging in the balance, Decker and his team need to find answers fast. At home matters are just as precarious: while Decker and his wife Rina Lazarus want to look after young Gabe, with Donatti on the loose, no one is really ever safe!
  Latamar | Dec 16, 2010 |
For Jonathan—the complete man, from A to Z

And for Lila and Oscar—hugs and kisses
The pictures had photographed her swollen, battered, and bruised—a puffy lip, two black eyes, a bloated and bright face.

LAPD Lieutenant Peter Decker reluctantly agrees to do a big favor for an old friend, Teresa McLaughlin, but when she and her husband disappear, Decker's search is interrupted by the suspicious death of a young health care worker.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,858,741 books! | Top bar: Always visible