Hangman by Faye Kellerman

Hangman

by Faye Kellerman (Author)

Faye Kellerman never disappoints! I love the Decker family. ( )
  dragonflydee1 | Apr 3, 2013 |
A fun thriller with twists and turns. Perfect for a day at the beach. ( )
  jenniferthomp75 | May 29, 2011 |
Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus face a familiar sociopath in this electrifying new tale of suspense from New York Times bestselling author Faye Kellerman When LAPD Lieutenant Peter Decker reluctantly agrees to do a big favour for old friend Teresa McLaughlin, he knows that his involvement will bring her sociopathic husband, Chris Donatti, back into his life. But then Terry goes missing and Donatti disappears, leaving their 14-year-old son Gabe behind. Meanwhile Adriana Blanc, a party-loving nurse, is found swinging from the rafters of a house in a wealthy suburban area. Her last phone call announced she was breaking up with her philandering boyfriend and Decker questions whether it was in fact suicide. With lives hanging in the balance, Decker and his team need to find answers fast. At home matters are just as precarious: while Decker and his wife Rina Lazarus want to look after young Gabe, with Donatti on the loose, no one is really ever safe!
  Latamar | Dec 16, 2010 |
I enjoyed this page turner. I am reading this series out of order but I don't care. This is the Decker/Lazarus series, a husband and wife team. The wife isn't
really a detective and didn't play that rol this time. This time she was left to
concentrate on being a wise mother. There is something comfortable about meeting the detectiuves in another book. You already know a lot about them but it is fun to learn more details. I didn't find anything disappointing in this book. The turn of events were complicated and I never would have guessed that. I really like the minor characters. They add so much to the book. I love Marge who works for Peter Decker.She is a crusty,older woman with a brillant sense of humor. I was sad to see this book end. I would recommend this book to any mystery lover, especially those who love series of books. ( )
  Carolee888 | Dec 13, 2010 |
Hangman is the 19th novel in the Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus series. And they just keep getting better and better.

The life of a homicide detective is never dull, even if you’re the boss and sometimes because you’re the boss. Pete gets a blast from the past when someone from a previous case asks for help, he may be getting in over his head but he has to try. In the mean time there’s a killer on the loose and it looks like there’s more questions than clues.
In this her 19th novel in the Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus series, you’d think that they’d start to get a little stale, well you’d be barking up the wrong tree because they are just getting better and better. Her story line is always fresh and current with what’s going on in the world of crime fighting, and this time we get more than one case to solve in the tale, so more bang for our buck. Her characters are always interesting and entertaining and since we who are fans of the series know them, it’s like catching up with old friends. Her main protagonists the Deckers are as always, right in the thick of things and that goes for Rina as well as Pete. It’s also refreshing to see a couple who’ve been happily together for a long time, it gives old married people like me someone to empathize with. It’s also nice to see genuine caring and giving people portrayed in literature, it gives me hope still for our world.
Hangman stands very well on it’s own, but why deny yourself the immense pleasure in really getting to know these characters, so if this is your first in the series, go back and be sure to read the rest. ( )
  dhaupt | Oct 8, 2010 |

LAPD Lieutenant Peter Decker reluctantly agrees to do a big favor for an old friend, Teresa McLaughlin, but when she and her husband disappear, Decker's search is interrupted by the suspicious death of a young health care worker.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,322,280 books! | Top bar: Always visible