Torment by Lauren Kate
2,0191333,316 (3.67)41

English (130)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (132)
Truthfully I only finished [b:Fallen|6487308|Fallen (Fallen, #1)|Lauren Kate|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1268869615s/6487308.jpg|6678670] because I made myself finish it to try and give it a chance. I started Torment in some pathetic hope the story would get better in the second installment. Oh dear life was I wrong! I got in about 2 chapters and just quit when I could see it was more of the same awfulness. I have so many problems with this book and its predecessor.

First but not least, Luce drives me insane. Does she whine? Check! Complain? Check! Fall in love with the first males she sets her eyes on? Check! Do basically nothing and need to be rescued a alot? Check! In addition she is yet another female character that continues to be obsessed with a guy who treats her like crap. She also acts like a stalker.

Daniel, the super hot mysterious male (the fact the reader is bashed over the head with EVERY time he comes up) is a jerk, and refuses to give Luce any information, because as a woman she just couldn't possibly handle it. So of course when he finally does tell her parts of his secret, Luce in fact can't handle it and runs the eff off. Daniel is also super selfish. If he really loved Luce he would actually stay away from her not get near her and end up killing her over and over again!

Anyway, this is basically a review of the first book but works for Torment since it's just more of the same. Don't bother with this book and find something else to read. ( )
  luminescent_bookworm | Jan 27, 2015 |
This book was pretty good, it was better then the first in the series. The ending was very abrupt, so i'm not sure if i'll read the next one that comes out. ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |
What can I say, I loved it! Great sequel that introduces interesting new characters while fleshing out the existing ones. I would like to learn more about Daniel, but then, so would Luce so I can't really complain. If you liked Fallen you should definitely enjoy Torment. Can't wait to read the next installment. ( )
  Kelly_Mills | Dec 13, 2014 |
This book sadly was a DNF for me. I read the last one and had a 'so, so' response...this one just made me want to throw it. I just couldn't get into it...it felt like the same clouded in mystery feeling as the last book...also I think Luce is getting whinier...and I didn't like that. As always the covers are gorgeous...I wish I could have liked it more! ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
Even though I hadn't read part 1 of the "Fallen" series, part 2 stands alone. It will delight teen readers, (and those of us who love YA), and the cliff hanger ending will leave you clamoring for the next installment in this exciting series. ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
"For, if I imp my wing on thine
Affliction shall advance the flight in me."
George Herbert (Easter Wings)
For Elizabeth, Irdy, Anne, and Vic.
I have been so lucky to have you.
Daniel stared out at the bay.

It took Luce and her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts, immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,096,836 books! | Top bar: Always visible