HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Torment by Lauren Kate
Loading...

Torment

by Lauren Kate

Series: Fallen (2)

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
2,8361503,090 (3.6)42
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 42 mentions

English (148)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (150)
Showing 1-5 of 148 (next | show all)
Another one that started off pretty decent...drug on a little towards the middle then by the time you get close to the end, you want to toss the book across the room because its took drawn out. But thats just me! ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
So, I started this book, and I was pretty disappointed at first. I was really hoping that it was going to be cleaner and more focused than the first book because Kate had more experience. Not so. Then, I got about three-quarters of the way through the book and it started to really pick up. I was pleasantly surprised. Then came the ending.

The ending was so stupid, rushed, and just plain bad. I absolutely will not continue with this series. I have no idea how these books have made it through the editing process in this state. ( )
  kweber319 | May 13, 2019 |
Actual rating: 3 1/2 stars

Miles is very cute,
Daniel is absolutely awesome,
but Cam is so freaking hot!

Oops, almost forgot... this 2nd book in the series is a really enjoyable read :) ( )
  KimmyLola | Feb 4, 2019 |
Het orgineel van mijn review kan je vinden op mijn blog:
http://www.linda-linea-recta.nl/kwelling-fallen-2-door-lauren-kate-een-boek-revi...

Na Fallen gelezen te hebben ontkom je er niet aan om Kwelling te gaan lezen.
Het verhaal ontwikkelt zich in een rap tempo, er word duidelijk naar een apotheose toegewerkt.
Aan het einde van het boek moet je er deel 3 gaan lezen.
Hoewel veel vragen beantwoord zijn, blijf je er toch nog met een aantal zitten.

Was Luce in deel 1 een *doetje*, in deel 2 ontwikkelt ze zich als mens.
Ze word zelfstandiger, laat zich niet alles meer aanpraten en neemt haar eigen beslissingen.
Ze word een sterker en vastberadener persoon.
Zelfs de vanzelfsprekende liefde tussen Luce en Daniël vind ze niet zo zelfsprekend meer.

Kwelling is echt een onderdeel van de serie
Je moet Fallen gelezen hebben. Kwelling eindigt daar waar waarschijnlijk deel 3 begint.

Persoonlijk vind ik Kwelling spannender en leuker om te lezen,
De cover bracht me niet veel nieuws, maar dat deed het verhaal wel!
“Because love and hate were supposed to stand cleanly on opposite sides of the spectrum. The division seemed as clear as...well, angels and demons would once have seemed to her. Not anymore.” ( )
  LindaKwakernaat | Nov 29, 2018 |
This was not near as good as the first in the series....I'm really hoping that the next in the series redeems this one! ( )
  Master275 | Oct 30, 2018 |
Showing 1-5 of 148 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Information from the Dutch Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
"For, if I imp my wing on thine
Affliction shall advance the flight in me."
George Herbert (Easter Wings)
Dedication
For Elizabeth, Irdy, Anne, and Vic.
I have been so lucky to have you.
First words
Daniel stared out at the bay.
Quotations
Last words
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language
Canonical DDC/MDS

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description
Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

It took Luce and her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts, immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.… (more)

» see all 7 descriptions

Quick Links

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.6)
0.5 4
1 23
1.5 2
2 59
2.5 13
3 211
3.5 43
4 223
4.5 8
5 159

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,606,109 books! | Top bar: Always visible