Torment (Fallen, Book 2) by Lauren Kate

Torment (Fallen, Book 2) (edition 2011)

by Lauren Kate

Member:ajwseven
Title:Torment (Fallen, Book 2)
Authors:Lauren Kate
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 464 pages
Rating:**

Torment by Lauren Kate

English (139)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All (141)
In this second book in the Fallen series, Luce is now in California hiding at a new school that is a vast improvement over the last. Daniel shows up now and then, mostly to fight with Luce who is more interested in Miles, one of the new students.
I have so many questions. If Luce and Daniel are a romance for the ages, why is she even looking at Miles? If the Announcers/Shadows are Luce's memories, why is she seeing what's happening to people after she's died in their lives? Why can't the Outcast tell Dawn from Luce if they know by their souls?
This story felt like a placeholder, something to make the series longer. Not that much really happens, and Luce doesn't learn any more about her past lives that would help her. Certainly, Daniel isn't helping her advance though I guess that's one of the secret rules of their romance.
Since I got all the books in the bundle, I'll keep plowing on, hoping it gets better, but I'm not seeing why this series is rated so well (at least so far). ( )
  N.W.Moors | May 16, 2017 |
Another one that started off pretty decent...drug on a little towards the middle then by the time you get close to the end, you want to toss the book across the room because its took drawn out. But thats just me! ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
A good follow up to the first book of the series. Leaves you on a cliffhanger, and I'm going to jump right into the next one. Again, pretty basic storyline at first, but there is still a lot of subtlety. Makes you question who Luce should trust, and who could betray her. ( )
  sasta | Feb 1, 2017 |
I like these books because they are fast reads and the plot normally keeps me going, but Luce is whiny and needy. I hope that she comes to figure herself out in the next book. ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |
Not my favorite series. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
"For, if I imp my wing on thine
Affliction shall advance the flight in me."
George Herbert (Easter Wings)
For Elizabeth, Irdy, Anne, and Vic.
I have been so lucky to have you.
Daniel stared out at the bay.

It took Luce and her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts, immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,362,772 books! | Top bar: Always visible