Torment (Fallen, Book 2) by Lauren Kate

Torment (Fallen, Book 2) (edition 2011)

by Lauren Kate

Member:ajwseven
Title:Torment (Fallen, Book 2)
Authors:Lauren Kate
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 464 pages
Rating:**

Torment by Lauren Kate

English (135)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (137)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how the book ended!!!!

I NEED to read Passion NOW!!!

The book was simply amazing! I laughed hard through the Thanksgiving dinner! It was unbelievable to have all these people and fallen angels in the same room!

*SPOLIERS*In Las Vegas I was so happy to see Arriane enter the story BUT then all of the first book characters came and it was great. Miles, Can and Daniel are very hot! I need to know where Luce went and if Daniel could find her and bring her home. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how the book ended!!!!

I NEED to read Passion NOW!!!

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Daniel and Cam have a truce. Ever since Penn was killed and Luce attacked, things have been different. Luce now knows the truth about Daniel and Cam, what they can tell her, anyways. Now the truce is in effect, Luce is in danger and must go to a school in California that has the means of keeping her safe.
With Daniel afraid of telling her too much, Luce is in the dark and not being in the loop about anything is making her question everything. With a new school and new friends, Luce must learn what she can about her past lives and whats going on outside of school, what Daniel isn't telling her.
I was surprised upon finishing this book, I was still interested further into the series. This has nothing to do with the writing but more that the topic, angels falling in love with humans, is not usually something that I read. This story was well written, continuing aspects introduced in the end of the last book. The new characters were intriguing, though some of them really reminded me of characters from the first book.
I did not like how the story followed a very similar layout to that of the first book. It also disappointed me that the love felt by both Daniel and Luce appears to be based solely on a few passionate kisses. I understand that the love they have expands centuries, however, in all of her previous lives, Luce dies at seventeen, not remembering him from the past, and sharing very very little with him before she dies. So in those instances there couldn't have been much more than we are seeing this time around. I also did not like that it never occurred to Luce, or any of her friends, to look for information to her past lives on the internet. For at least a few of her lives, there should have been obituaries, investigation reports, news articles about the girl that spontaneously combusted. They could look for girls who died at the age of seventeen due to spontaneously combusting or unusual circumstances, but they never do. For that matter, why not just search for her names, since it seems like she has the same name in every life, which I find interesting since her parents would have been alive already the last time she died.
As it stands at the moment, I think I will continue reading the series, but I am not sure. While this was an interesting book and I would say that I liked it, I am infuriated by certain aspects of the story lines. I am unsure if I actually will continue reading or not, but if I do I am hoping for it to get better.
I would recommend this book for anyone who liked the first book, and I would also say that there are a lot of hopeless romantics out there who would love this series.
  Stephergiggles | Feb 14, 2016 |
If it's possible, I liked the second book more than the first. Really enjoying this series. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
This book sadly was a DNF for me. I read the last one and had a 'so, so' response...this one just made me want to throw it. I just couldn't get into it...it felt like the same clouded in mystery feeling as the last book...also I think Luce is getting whinier...and I didn't like that. As always the covers are gorgeous...I wish I could have liked it more! ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
"For, if I imp my wing on thine
Affliction shall advance the flight in me."
George Herbert (Easter Wings)
For Elizabeth, Irdy, Anne, and Vic.
I have been so lucky to have you.
Daniel stared out at the bay.

It took Luce and her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts, immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,859,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible