Keys to Good Cooking: A Guide to Making the…

Keys to Good Cooking: A Guide to Making the Best of Foods and Recipes

by Harold McGee

This was just too basic for me. The book is very thorough and would probably be good for a new cook.
  rlsalvati | Jun 20, 2011 |
Not a cookbook in the usual sense, but tips for techniques and the why they work the way the work, from our pre-eminent food scientist. More user-friendly than his masterful On Food and Cooking. ( )
  readinggeek451 | Dec 31, 2010 |
I make no bones about it, I regard McGee as a culinary demigod. For years I have been in awe of the scholarship that informs On Food and Cooking.

His new publication is a distillation of that wisdom, applied to the practicalities of cooking just about anything (and that includes selecting and storage of produce). Of course I already know some of it, but not always the scientific explanations. And there's plenty that's new to me. This book will help you get the best out of a recipe, or improve one that doesn't quite work. Food for thought! ( )
2 vote dajashby | Nov 26, 2010 |
My favorite food scholar. ( )
  kitchengardenbooks | Nov 9, 2010 |
To Florence and John

A one-stop reference answers nearly every kitchen conundrum the home cook may have in a single volume, from equipment and cooking methods to how to handle nearly every ingredient.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,862,031 books! | Top bar: Always visible