My Heart Is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall

My Heart Is Like a Zoo (edition 2009)

by Michael Hall, Michael Hall (Illustrator)

Title:My Heart Is Like a Zoo
Authors:Michael Hall (Author)
Other authors:Michael Hall (Illustrator)
Info:Greenwillow Books (2009), Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:animals, similes, hearts, feelings, childhood, zoo

My Heart Is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall

This fantasy book is a great book to model adjectives or descriptions. Each page has a new animal and its characteristic that the author uses to describe what the heart is like. The illustrations are also amazing. The illustrator uses hearts to create the animals. It would be a great mentor text. ( )
  kvelin | Nov 23, 2015 |
32 months - I wish I had come across this book when O was a year old, she was a bit too old for this one but it's a very nice picture book. Bold colors, simple drawings incorporating hearts and a fun rhyme.

Reading this with my 1 1/2 yr old boy and he has little to no interest. Cute but just not hitting the target with my kids. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
This is a realistic fiction book. This book describes characteristics and emotions of animals that would be in a zoo. All of the illustrations of the animals are made from heart shapes. ( )
  kfrost32 | Apr 13, 2015 |
Realistic Fiction: This is a real easy book, made for the younger grades. The book is about all the animals in a zoo and how the author relates its heart to the way the animals act. For example, eager as a beaver. It is a cute book.
  Rsantoyo13 | Apr 13, 2015 |
This realistic fiction picture book shows how love can be many different things, stubborn, silly, hopeful, and steady. It shows the different kinds of love through animals.
  ecarlson2014 | Mar 9, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061915106, Hardcover)

A heart can be hopeful, or silly, or happy. A heart can be rugged, or snappy, or lonely. A heart holds every different feeling, and debut author-artist Michael Hall captures each one with a delicate touch.

For each feeling, the bold, graphic artwork creates an animal out of heart shapes, from "eager as a beaver" to "angry as a bear" to "thoughtful as an owl." An accessible and beautiful debut, My Heart Is Like a Zoo is everything a classic picture book should be: honest, sincere, and speaking directly to even the very youngest child.

Ages: 0 - 5

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:31 -0400)

Depicts in rhyming text how love can be many different things, such as eager as a beaver, steady as a yak, or silly as a seal.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,880,137 books! | Top bar: Always visible