An Inconvenient Truth: The Crisis of Global…

An Inconvenient Truth: The Crisis of Global Warming (2006)

by Al Gore

Recently added bysacredheart25, private library, SamCam1138, BGP, empress8411, njheckman, CynK, 4edges, MidcoastFriends

English (29)  Spanish (1)  All languages (30)
Cliche filled pseudo science book which aims to repurpose all of the Gore's political causes into one financially profitable area and advocate for climate crisis changes to the whole world. Gore says that this effort is similar to the space race to the Moon or both World Wars.
  sacredheart25 | Jun 11, 2019 |
Pretty scary stuff. I would think after reading this book, we would all want to do our part to save the environment for future generations. ( )
  Koren56 | Feb 4, 2016 |
This is very tolerable pop-science. Gore keeps it rather simple, and changes voice pretty frequently. Sometimes he gives personal details about his own involvement in various political efforts having to do with global warming. Other chapters simply discuss the extent, mechanisms, and impact of climate change.

The talk about God is, no doubt, politically necessary, even for an erstwhile presidential candidate. ( )
  themulhern | Nov 30, 2015 |
Necesario para una comparación con otras teorías, como las expuestas en "En el ecologista escéptico". Algo desactualizado para estas fechas, pero interesante siempre.
  Frost_99 | Jul 26, 2014 |
The Good: This book, with its large glossy pages, is a very easy read. It's styled in such a way to make even the least scientifically inclined understand its message. Pictures, charts, highly quotable factoids, everything eye-catching and yet very basic. Through this book, you really feel Gore's passion for saving the world from global warming.

The Bad: Unfortunately Al Gore is sort of a boring man. He drones on, which is clear even through the vibrant background. And while this book is informative, it's hard to decipher where the line is between his politics and the cause at hand. ( )
  TequilaReader | Dec 18, 2013 |
Mr. Gore does a cogent job of explaining how global warming can disrupt delicate ecological balances, resulting in the spread of pests (like the pine beetle, whose migration used to be slowed by colder winters), increases in the range of disease vectors (including mosquitoes, ticks and fleas), and the extinction of a growing number of species.

The United States emits about a quarter of the world's greenhouse gases, while the entire continent of Africa is responsible for only about five percent. Just as we cannot actually see the greenhouse gases, we do not see their impact on places so far away. But we helped create the suffering in Africa, and we have a moral obligation to fix it.
This LT work is the original trade edition of Al Gore's 2006 book, An Inconvenient Truth, which is a companion piece to Davis Guggenheim's similarly titled 2006 film. Please do not combine either the book with the movie, or the original trade edition with the Young Adult Version. Thank you.
Book ?? / Video ??

Former Vice President Al Gore's New York Times #1 bestselling book is a daring call to action, exposing the shocking reality of how humankind has aided in the destruction of our planet and the future we face if we do not take action to stop global warming. Now, Viking has adapted this book for the most important audience of all: today's youth, who have no choice but to confront this climate crisis head-on.

Dramatic full-color photos, illustrations, and graphs combine with Gore's effective and clear writing to explain global warming in very real terms: what it is, what causes it, and what will happen if we continue to ignore it. An Inconvenient Truth will change the way young people understand global warming and hopefully inspire them to help change the course of history.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:45 -0400)

With this book, the author, former Vice President Al Gore brings together leading-edge research from top scientists around the world; photographs, charts, and other illustrations; and personal anecdotes and observations to document the fast pace and wide scope of global warming. He presents, with alarming clarity and conclusiveness - and with humor, too - that the fact of global warming is not in question and that its consequences for the world we live in will be disastrous if left unchecked.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,571,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible