Peace of Heart (30 Days with a Great…

Peace of Heart (30 Days with a Great Spiritual Teacher) (edition 2009)

by Saint Francis of Assisi, John Kirvan (Editor)

101880,191 (5)None
Member:MaryAnn12
Title:Peace of Heart (30 Days with a Great Spiritual Teacher)
Authors:Saint Francis of Assisi
Other authors:John Kirvan (Editor)
Info:
Rating:*****

Peace of Heart (30 Days With a Great Spiritual Teacher) by Saint Francis of Assisi

This is a 30 days with a great spiritual teacher, Francis of Assisi. It starts out with My Day Begins, then All Through Your Day, and finishes with As Your Day Is Ending.

My Day Begins: set aside a quiet moment in a quiet place to read the meditation suggested for the day. The passage is short. It has been carefully selected to give a spiritual focus, a spiritual center to your whole day.

All Through Your Day: you will find a single sentence which we call a mantra, a word borrowed from the Hindu tradition. This phase is meant as a companion for your spirit as it moves through a busy day.

As Your Day Is Ending: This is a time for letting go of the day. Find a quiet place and quiet your spirit. Breathe deeply. Inhale, exhale-slowly and deliberately again and again until you feel your body let go of its tension. Now read the evening prayer slowly, phrase by phrase. In this way, a simple evening prayer gathers together the spiritual character of the day that is now ending as it began--in the presence of God. It is a time for summary and closure. Invite God to embrace you with love and to protect you through the night. Sleep well.

I have deeped my prayer and found this book to be a great guide for me to work with in praying. Francis of Assisi is one of my favorite Saints and a great spiritual teacher. I feel very blessed having this book. Everyone who wants to learn how to pray should buy this.

I was given this book from ave marie press. www.avemariapress.com ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Dec 2, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,405,754 books! | Top bar: Always visible