The Complete Dracula by Leah Moore

The Complete Dracula

by Leah Moore

I can't say that Dracula has ever been on of my favorite classic, but I have been thinking of re-reading the book since it has been years since I read it. But now I don't need to, since I read this faithful graphic novel instead. But i must admit that I would have preferred the book instead and I will probably try to re-read the book sometime in the future when my memory has faded a bit...

I had some problem with the font, a lot of different fonts was used some worked fine on the Ipad, some where a lot harder to read, so in the end I read part of it on the computer and part of it on my Ipad (depending on If was near a computer since I wasn't always at home)

Also the art...hmm it just didn't do the trick for me. I wasn't really overwhelmed by it.

But it the end it was a hell of a ride! ;)

3 stars

Review also posted on And Now for Something Completely Different and It's a Mad Mad World ( )
  MaraBlaise | Feb 3, 2015 |
While this graphic novel provides a great overview and faithful adaptation of Stoker's somewhat tedious novel, it fails to evoke the same terror and chilling Gothic atmosphere that the novel does. I was most disappointed how short the Transylvanian section at the beginning was, as this is my favorite section of the novel (Harker's journey through the Carpathians to Dracula's castle and his stay at the castle).

I love the artwork on each comic cover issue but the artwork for the story itself was hit or miss...many times inconsistent and distracting. Despite that, it is still worth reading and having in any Dracula collection. ( )
  bookgirlokc | Dec 6, 2011 |
A true to the novel graphic adaptation.. but the graphics were disappointing... ( )
  xavierroy | Jun 22, 2010 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,760,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible