Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen

Ice Cold

by Tess Gerritsen

Series: Jane Rizzoli/Maura Isles (8), Rizzoli & Isles (8)

English (106)  Dutch (8)  German (2)  All languages (116)
A little over the top for me on this one, but still well-written.

ETA: The more I think about it, the less I like this book. It feels so out of place in the R&I series. Maura is basically just thrown into this story that happens to her. The side characters are very two-dimensional, throw-away caricatures. They serve no purpose other than to get Maura into the situation and then make things worse. The mystery is underplayed and insubstantial. Even the twists at the end couldn't save the book (and one of them I had figured out in advance). The only likable/useful character is Rat, and the appearance of Jane and Gabriel cannot save the story. Additionally, parts were left hanging and/or unresolved. I almost feel like this book was sort of a "ripped from the headlines" novel that met a deadline for the next R&I book.

Disappointing. I'm not sure this one deserves even the three stars I gave it which really bothers me because I have pretty much enjoyed every other Gerritsen novel I have read. ( )
  ladypembroke | Nov 22, 2014 |
Stumbled over this book as a freebie and didnt want to put it down. Read it at record speed and have taken the next one out of the library already. Found a new favourite author. Great!!! ( )
  tash57 | Jun 10, 2014 |
Best Rizzoli & Isles book yet! I couldn't put it down! ( )
  jldhuse | Mar 13, 2014 |
Maura goes to a conference, trying to work out some of her issues with with Daniel and the pulls on his life and hers. When a old friend from college offers her an opportunity to go on a trip with him, his daughter and some of his friends and it all goes wrong when they go down a road and get lost. With snow coming down they shelter in some abandoned houses but find themselves facing more questions. When Maura doesn't turn up for a while Daniel and later Jane start asking questions and then the questions get bigger when they start to find that there are people trying hard to keep this all quiet.

It's an interesting take on the lost in the wilderness story mostly starring Maura with some serious backup from Jane when necessary and occasionally when slightly deus ex. Readable I was shocked by some of the twists. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jan 4, 2014 |
This book is sold in the UK with the title "The Killing Place".

I'd not read any Tess Gerritsen for a while and WOW, what a book to rekindle my relationship with this wonderful author!

This book, the 8th in the Rizzoli & Isles series, reminded me that, as fun as Rizzoli & Isles, the TV series is, it almost bears no resemblance to the books, other than the character names.

The books are much darker, much more chilling (pardon the pun!) than the TV series and an absolute must-read for any fans of the crime thriller genre!

Loved loved loved this book and am now onto the next one in the series, The Silent Girl. ( )
  Frederika.Roberts | Nov 21, 2013 |

Tess Gerritsenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jäger, AndreasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Jack R. Winans - Kearny High School, San Diego. The lessons you taught me will last a lifetime.
She was the chosen one.
'Ice Cold' was also published as 'The Killing Place'

Boston homicide detective Jane Rizzoli receives the grim news that Maura's charred body has been found in a mountain ravine. Shocked and grieving, Jane is determined to learn what happened to her friend. The investigation plunges Jane into the twisted history of Kingdom Come, Wyoming, where a gruesome discovery lies buried beneath the snow.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,012,006 books! | Top bar: Always visible