ABC, I like me! by Nancy L. Carlson

ABC, I like me! (edition 1997)

by Nancy L. Carlson

Member:liss2
Title:ABC, I like me!
Authors:Nancy L. Carlson
Info:New York, N.Y., U.S.A. : Viking, 1997.
Tags:Bibliotherapy, ABC's, self-esteem

ABC I Like Me! by Nancy Carlson

ABC I Like Me! by Nancy Carlson is the follow up to I Like Me! Harriet and I haven't read the original book so I can't comment on how well ABC I Like Me! complements the original.

ABC I Like Me! is an alphabetical list of positive messages. Harriet liked listing off the letters of the alphabet but was disinterested in the rest of the book. She has a pretty strong self esteem so the messages aren't so much self affirming as obvious.

For young kids who do need a boost, ABC I Like Me! is charming and not overly saccharine. For fans of Nancy Carlson's books, it can be skipped for books with more plot. ( )
  pussreboots | Apr 8, 2013 |
This book is a bibliotherapy book that uses the ABC's to help build self-esteem in children. It has fun colorful pictures and words and a fun flow to it which engages children's attention and helps them think about things they like about themselves. Would be used for a K-1 class room. Great for lessons about self esteem and getting children engaged in finding things they like about themselves and appreciating those things.
  liss2 | Dec 7, 2012 |
An ABC book about a little book. It describes the little pig with every letter of the alphabet. ( )
  abarnes012892 | Nov 19, 2012 |
Cartoon drawings are used in this alphabet book.
Capitals only.
  haldemac | Feb 11, 2012 |
Appropriate grade level : Kindergarten Grade 2
The letters of the alphabet are illustrated with brightly colored, action packed pictures and are accompanied by read-along text. Introduce children to the alphabet and reinforce positive self-esteem with the lovable characters of ABC I Like Me!
Uses in classroom:
students can use this book to talk about them
to learn the alphabet
  jessi1590 | Dec 19, 2011 |

Nancy Carlson's cheerful pig is back in this vibrant ABC companion book to the best-selling I Like Me!--and she's brought along a few friends to join her. The letters of the alphabet are illustrated with brightly-colored, action-packed pictures and are accompanied by read-along text. Introduce children to the alphabet and reinforce positive self-esteem with the lovable characters of ABC I Like Me!.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:43 -0400)

An alphabet book that explores self-esteem.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,609,168 books! | Top bar: Always visible