The map of true places by Brunonia Barry

The map of true places (edition 2010)

by Brunonia Barry

Member:EmScape
Title:The map of true places
Authors:Brunonia Barry
Info:New York : William Morrow, c2010.
Collections:All the Ebooks, Calibre Import
Tags:Calibre import

The Map of True Places by Brunonia Barry

This book was truly phenomenal and a real page-turner. The twists and turns that occurred left me muttering only one word as I closed the book after the last page: "wow." I would definitely say I recommend this book to others and I cannot wait to read The Lace Reader, also by Brunonia Barry. I hope that it is even half as good as the Map of True Places. ( )
  tielwingsmama | Sep 29, 2014 |
I so much wanted to love this book, since her first novel, The Lace Reader, was one of my favorite novels. It's set in Salem, MA, so I saved it for our family vacation to Cape Cod. The book had an interesting plot, but I found the characters a bit flat. Good plot, though and still a fun 'beach read'. ( )
  jmoncton | Jun 3, 2013 |
read lace reader first
  lindap69 | Apr 5, 2013 |
For my parents, June and Jack. I miss you every day. And, as always, for Gary.
In the years when her middle name was Trouble, Zee had a habit of stealing boats.

Zee Finch has come a long way, from a motherless childhood spent stealing boats-a talent that earned her the nickname Trouble. She's now a respected psychotherapist working with world-famous Dr. Liz Mattel. She's also about to marry one of Boston's most eligible bachelors. But the suicide of Zee's patient Lilly Braedon throws Zee into emotional chaos and takes her back to places she thought she's left behind. What starts as a brief visit home to Salem after Lilly's funeral becomes the beginning of a larger journey for Zee. Her father, Finch, long ago diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, has been hiding how sick he really is. His longtime companion, Melville, has moved out, and it now falls to Zee to help her father through this difficult time. Their relationship, marked by half-truths and the untimely death of her mother, is strained and awkward. Overwhelmed by her new role, and uncertain about her future, Zee destroys the existing map of her life and begins a new journey, one that will take her not only into her future but into her past as well. Like the sailors of old Salem who navigated by looking at the stars, Zee has to learn to find her way through uncharted waters to the place she will ultimately call home. (from book)

Zee Finch, a psychotherapist, has come home to Salem to take care of her ailing father and to try to figure out her own life after the suicide of one of her patients, which was made even more difficult by Zee's past--her mother committed suicide herself, in front of her.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Map of True Places by Brunonia Barry was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,351,975 books! | Top bar: Always visible