A Color of His Own by Leo Lionni

A Color of His Own (1975)

by Leo Lionni

Recently added byprivate library, KimMiller, KDKat5, Serelune, sobcrca, NVCCCDC, shaberstroh

A good book for teaching Main Idea and Theme. Main Idea - A chameleon wants a color of his own like other animals. Whe he can't , he finda a friend to travel with so they are at least always the same color together. Theme - Finding your identity, Friendship. Author's Message - There is comfort in numbers. Having a friend by your side can make life happier. ( )
  shaberstroh | Sep 23, 2014 |
It's a sweet little story about finding yourself and your soul mate from the POV of a chamelion. This book is my son's. ( )
  pussreboots | Aug 13, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. I like the art work in it. It is so unique. I also like how each one of his stories there is a lesson to be learned in the end. ( )
  SamanthaMulkey | Apr 24, 2014 |
This story is about a chameleon that wanted to stay one color that would be his own. He meets anew friend with the same idea and they decide to be different colors together. This book teaches about friendship and could be read to kids ages 3-10. It shows that you aren't alone and sometimes, someone might share the same interest as you. ( )
  sdeshotel | Feb 27, 2014 |
We are remembering this book as we have seen chameleons in other places. ( )
  lmeza | Feb 6, 2014 |

Is contained in

To Vera Barbara
Parrots are green

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0375836977, Hardcover)

Every animal has a color of its own. "Parrots are green, elephants are gray, pigs are pink." But chameleons change color wherever they go. "On lemons they are yellow. In the heather they are purple." One chameleon is not pleased with his changeable appearance. He thinks, "If I remain on a leaf, I shall be green forever, and so I too will have a color of my own." Of course, what he doesn't take into account is the changes wrought by autumn, and soon the green chameleon is yellow, then red, and then tumbled to the ground for the long black winter night. It isn't until he befriends another older, wiser chameleon that our hero begins to find inner peace, even as his outer surface is transformed again and again.

Leo Lionni, children's book creator extraordinaire, author of such beloved picture books as Frederick, Alexander and the Wind-Up Mouse, Swimmy, and Inch by Inch, all Caldecott Honor winners, introduces color concepts in an exquisite and touching story. This small board book edition of the classic tale of self-acceptance and friendship will be a favorite for toddlers and parents alike. (Baby to preschool) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:49 -0400)

A little chameleon is distressed that he doesn't have his own color like other animals.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,414,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible