The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

The Scorch Trials (2011)

by James Dashner

Series: The Maze Runner (2)

Things i like about it:
- it kept me guessing, its like I'm solving the WICKED mystery with the characters.. i'm clueless as the gladers.
- it takes you to a different world, desolated and ruined.. which scares me a little because it probable, with what's happening iwith our palnet.. you know climate change...
- great cliffhanger
- MINHO. enough said.

What I don't like about it.
- its kinda dragging...
- its somewhat weird...
- it would be much better if the cranks turned full blown zombies... not crazy flesh-eating whatever... i can't just grasped the idea of it...

well its not that great... but this book is wicked. and remember wicked is good. ;) ( )
  Jonna13 | Jan 28, 2015 |
After Thomas and the rest of the guys fro the maze are rescued by these unknown people. The guys think that all their worries are over, and they were finally done with it all. But Thomas and Minho did not think the same. They didn't trust these guys one bit, and they were right, when they woke up in the morning they found that Terrisa was missing and in replacement was some boy. They started off to the jurney across the desert and a lot of people died on the way( as if they didn't have enough people die on trying to get out of the maze.) They soon came to a city and met these zombie like humans that were infected by the solar flares, called cranks, but they did run into some cranks that weren't going to kill them automatically. and they helped them get acrossed the city in extange for a cure to their sickness. On their way Thomas got separated with a girl named Tess from the rest of the group so they kept on moving and soon they met up again a the end of the city. Then that's when bad things started to happen, and that's when they started to find out who was really behind all of this, and their name was WIKED, and all the stunts they went through and even te city WIKED was behind it all.

My opinion of this book is pretty good. Althogh their is some parts were I was pretty ehh, about. all and all it was pretty good.
  tylerc.b3 | Jan 12, 2015 |
Great story, still trying to figure out what it's all about. I have an idea in my head, guess I'll find out if I'm right next book. ( )
  Kyle.Rose | Jan 5, 2015 |
  afyfe | Jan 3, 2015 |
Another one of those middle books in a trilogy, indeed to take a break from this genre. A little more character development than the Maze Runner (which had zero), but still mostly breathless, purposeless action with a hanging ending leading into The Death Cure. I've decided that I dislike this series, but that doesn't mean I won't read the final book to find out "why?" ... especially since my Builder (step-dad) is hooked and likes that we have our own book group.:-) ( )
  asawyer | Dec 31, 2014 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Wesley, Bryson, Kayla, and Dallin. Best kids ever.
She spoke to him before the world fell apart.
ISBN 0307706591 is for the unabridged audio book of this work. ISBNs 978-0385738750 and 0385738757 are for the hard cover.

From the back of the book:

The Maze was only the beginning...

Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more Variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.

In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety... until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.

Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, much of the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated--and with it, order--and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim... and meal.

The Gladers are far from done running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Thomas can only wonder--does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED?
The Trials keep on / Coming in a Maze now a / Part of a city. (legallypuzzled)

After surviving horrific conditions in the Maze, Thomas is entrapped, along with nineteen other boys, in a scientific experiment designed to observe their responses and gather data believed to be essential for the survival of the human race.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,160,498 books! | Top bar: Always visible