The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2) by…

The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2) (edition 2011)

by James Dashner

Member:amz310783
Title:The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2)
Authors:James Dashner
Info:Ember (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***1/2

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

English (207)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All (210)
Teresa was gone. She wasn't in her room. Thomas and the Gladers waited. Then they heard a toilet flush. Coming out of the bathroom was not Teresa but a boy named Aris, from group B. Group B was a group of girls instead of boys. Like Teresa she was the only girl, Aris was the only boy. Apparently Group B escaped the maze three days before Group A (the Gladers) and less people got killed. The next day the Gladers woke up and a man, who looked like a rat was behind an invisible wall. He explained almost everything, then he said to continue the "Trials" the must go through a Flat Trans. The Flat Trans teleported them out into the real world. ( )
  MaxE.bg3 | Feb 16, 2017 |
It took me and my son a long time to finish this book because we didn't have a lot of drive time over the past few months but we both agreed that we liked the sequel better than the first book - and we liked the first one. We'll continue on with the third. ( )
  amcheri | Jan 19, 2017 |
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (Maze Runner #02) I liked this one so much more than the first one. Although I suffered fr the characters, as a reader it was great to see how everything goes to hell in the first few pages and it never lets go from there. It did seem a bit far fetch sometimes how EVERYTHING goes wrong, but I think that's part of the whole idea. The only thing that worries me is that these books are interesting because we never really know why everything is happening, so if it turns out the reason for it all is not as good as we expect it to be, it's going to be too disappointing (ahem, Lost?).

I will keep reading this series. Four stars! ( )
  Danyspike | Jan 13, 2017 |
The Scorch Trials is an amazing novel that captivates from the start to the end. It has many aspects such as zombie-like creatures and betrayal that attract diverse audiences. In my opinion, this sequel was actually a lot better than the first book, as I found myself glued to the book. Great descriptions and dialogue definitely make the book engrossing. I would recommend this book to all readers! ( )
  justinl1389 | Jan 5, 2017 |
I enjoyed this, and was horrified at the same time.

Some of the things that happen just gave me the willies and made me think I'd NEVER let my pre-teen read this stuff".

And I'm still no closer to figuring out what is going on." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Deakins, MarkNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Wesley, Bryson, Kayla, and Dallin. Best kids ever.
She spoke to him before the world fell apart.
ISBN 0307706591 is for the unabridged audio book of this work. ISBNs 978-0385738750 and 0385738757 are for the hard cover.

From the back of the book:

The Maze was only the beginning...

Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more Variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.

In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety... until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.

Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, much of the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated--and with it, order--and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim... and meal.

The Gladers are far from done running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Thomas can only wonder--does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED?
The Trials keep on / Coming in a Maze now a / Part of a city. (legallypuzzled)

After surviving horrific conditions in the Maze, Thomas is entrapped, along with nineteen other boys, in a scientific experiment designed to observe their responses and gather data believed to be essential for the survival of the human race.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,476,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible