The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2) by…

The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by James Dashner

Member:amz310783
Title:The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2)
Authors:James Dashner
Info:Ember (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***1/2

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (2011)

English (185)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (187)
Now I'm just really confused. I have to finish this series. I have no CLUE what is going on even after two books and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for what these kids are going through. So for now I'm undecided, but hooked. I'm downloading the third book today to get some answers - and maybe the prequel too! ( )
  bjoelle5 | Feb 6, 2016 |
4.5 Stars!

I think I may have enjoyed this even more than Maze Runner! James Dashner has a way of maintaining excitement and suspense steadily throughout the book. No part of the story came across as boring or non-essential. He also does a great job of conveying the feelings of his main character. Though the MC is not the one telling the story, you still feel all that the MC feels, and it makes for enjoyable reading. Fantastic follow-up to to a great book! ( )
  BlackAsh13 | Jan 30, 2016 |
4.5 Stars!

BlackAsh13 | Jan 30, 2016 |
It all started with me blowing up WICKED ! ARGUH ! When will these trials end ? When will we have some answers ? How can they keep killing these few healthy kids off in this world of burn and disease ? I am at the end of patience, i have pulled out almost all my hair. I don't know who is good, who is bad, who is adjusted, what is adjusted, what is real ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I have been waiting, waiting waiting
Thomas, he is lied too, misjudged, tricked, back stabbed, kissed, kicked, shot, drugged.......and that's just the warm up. He and the gang head off on their new trial across the Scorch, where they get burned, starved, beaten, killed..... yeah it's awful. They don't quit, they trudge forward, holding on to each other and the hope. They meet up with others, they watch friends die, they enter new twists and still they keep going. Who can they trust, what can they trust ? Do they really have any chance ? They questions never seem to be answered. Stressful, that's what this series is. Don't miss it if you love the hunt for the truth.
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Yay! Dashner didn't let me down. "Scorch Trials" begins with a bang and never slows down. Often middle books in a series are disappointing, but not this one. Full of action, and a fair bit of brutality, this book is a page turner. Having escaped the maze, Thomas and his friends are thrown into another setting full of danger, with killer creatures and the threat of death at every turn, where survival relies solely on their initiative. This is turning into a fabulous series. Now for the finale! ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Wesley, Bryson, Kayla, and Dallin. Best kids ever.
She spoke to him before the world fell apart.
ISBN 0307706591 is for the unabridged audio book of this work. ISBNs 978-0385738750 and 0385738757 are for the hard cover.

From the back of the book:

The Maze was only the beginning...

Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more Variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.

In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety... until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.

Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, much of the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated--and with it, order--and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim... and meal.

The Gladers are far from done running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Thomas can only wonder--does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED?
The Trials keep on / Coming in a Maze now a / Part of a city. (legallypuzzled)

After surviving horrific conditions in the Maze, Thomas is entrapped, along with nineteen other boys, in a scientific experiment designed to observe their responses and gather data believed to be essential for the survival of the human race.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,096,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible