The Maze Runner 2 : Scorch Trials by James…

The Maze Runner 2 : Scorch Trials (edition 2011)

by James Dashner

Info:Chicken House (2011), Edition: 1, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Borrowed
Tags:Fiction

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

English (203)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  English (206)
This might be one of the rare times I liked a sequel more than the initial book. This one struck me as more of a straightforward horror novel, with the dystopian world just happening to be the setting. I legitimately jumped and shrieked at one point because the book actually managed to trigger the same fear response as something jumping out at you in a movie at one point. Much like the first book, I still feel that the characters (aside from Thomas) are incredibly shallow and exist merely to move the story forward, without having their own internal motivations, but I'm more okay with that in a horror story than in other genres. ( )
  mel.davidoff | Dec 1, 2016 |
Can't believe how this ended!! I love this series!!! ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
Really enjoyed this book not as well as the 1st one but it still had me reading late into the night. Such an imaginative series and well written.This a book that would do well for the boys. I'm ready for the next one. ( )
  justablondemoment | Nov 9, 2016 |

Good, but not great. Less impressed with this one than I was with Maze Runner. Gross, but confusing. SpecialBoy!Thomas is starting to grate on my nerves. /shrug

s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |

s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Deakins, MarkNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Wesley, Bryson, Kayla, and Dallin. Best kids ever.
She spoke to him before the world fell apart.
ISBN 0307706591 is for the unabridged audio book of this work. ISBNs 978-0385738750 and 0385738757 are for the hard cover.

From the back of the book:

The Maze was only the beginning...

Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more Variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.

In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety... until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.

Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, much of the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated--and with it, order--and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim... and meal.

The Gladers are far from done running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Thomas can only wonder--does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED?
The Trials keep on / Coming in a Maze now a / Part of a city. (legallypuzzled)

After surviving horrific conditions in the Maze, Thomas is entrapped, along with nineteen other boys, in a scientific experiment designed to observe their responses and gather data believed to be essential for the survival of the human race.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,641,016 books! | Top bar: Always visible