The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2) by…

The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by James Dashner

3,6791991,429 (3.74)117
Member:djriave
Title:The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2)
Authors:James Dashner
Info:Ember (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***1/2

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (2011)

English (196)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (199)
Book was a great! They better make it into a movie and fast!! ( )
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
In this second book of the series our heroes are tortured and chased again by the mysterious WICKED. Although it's very similar to the first one, I liked it less for two reasons. First, for me Thomas' whining thorough the book was simply too much. Second, the story is very exciting, maybe a bit too much. After a while I was simply irritated by the 'compulsory ' cliffhangers at the end of all chapters. A bit less would have been more. But of course I'm very curious how the story concludes in the third volume. ( )
  TheCrow2 | Aug 14, 2016 |
I didn't enjoy this as much as the first, but the story still kept me reading. The mystery of what is actually going on is almost becoming ridiculous, but I'll keep reading to find out more. ( )
  duchessjlh | Aug 14, 2016 |
"We're going to send you really far away to see if you can make it back". This sentence summarizes the second installment of The Maze Runner. Action-filled, but no content. All the questions we had by the end of The Maze Runner are still unanswered. ( )
  Ambar_Oliveras | Jul 25, 2016 |
This is book 2 of a trilogy. I'm reading the series back-to-back as I think that is how trilogies should be read. In this case it's like one long book, there is no time warp from one book to the other. This book was phase two of the experiment. Nothing is really solved and nothing really exposes more of what is going on. You can trust anything or anyone. It is a nice flow from one book to the other. I'm interested to see how this all ends. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Wesley, Bryson, Kayla, and Dallin. Best kids ever.
She spoke to him before the world fell apart.
ISBN 0307706591 is for the unabridged audio book of this work. ISBNs 978-0385738750 and 0385738757 are for the hard cover.

From the back of the book:

The Maze was only the beginning...

Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more Variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.

In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety... until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.

Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, much of the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated--and with it, order--and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim... and meal.

The Gladers are far from done running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Thomas can only wonder--does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED?
The Trials keep on / Coming in a Maze now a / Part of a city. (legallypuzzled)

After surviving horrific conditions in the Maze, Thomas is entrapped, along with nineteen other boys, in a scientific experiment designed to observe their responses and gather data believed to be essential for the survival of the human race.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,394,577 books! | Top bar: Always visible