StrengthsFinder 2.0: A New and Upgraded…

StrengthsFinder 2.0: A New and Upgraded Edition of the Online Test from… (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Tom Rath

Member:SharonTB
Title:StrengthsFinder 2.0: A New and Upgraded Edition of the Online Test from Gallup's Now, Discover Your Strengths
Authors:Tom Rath
Info:Gallup Press (2007), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 192 pages

StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath (2007)

(9)

English (35)  Portuguese (1)  All languages (36)
This book is an excellent guide after finishing the Strengths Finder test (free for those who buy the book new). After this book and identifying my strengths, I am working on an action plan to leverage my strengths and maximise them. ( )
  aevaughn | Sep 27, 2017 |
Do You Do What You Do Best Every Day?

Chances are, you don t. From the cradle to the cubicle, we devote more time to fixing our shortcomings than to developing our strengths.

To help people uncover their talents, Gallup introduced StrengthsFinder in the 2001 management book Now, Discover Your Strengths. The book ignited a global conversation, while StrengthsFinder helped millions discover their top five talents.

In StrengthsFinder 2.0, Gallup unveils the new and improved version of its popular online assessment. With hundreds of strategies for applying your strengths, StrengthsFinder 2.0 will change the way you look at yourself and the world forever.

Available exclusively in StrengthsFinder 2.0 (using the access code included with each book):
The StrengthsFinder 2.0 assessment, fine-tuned to be faster and more accurate
n A Strengths Discovery and Action-Planning Guide featuring: A customized version of your top five theme report; 50 Ideas for Action for building on your top five themes; A strengths-based action plan for setting goals
n And much more on the StrengthsFinder 2.0 website: A strengths community area; Resources, activities, and discussion guides; A strengths screensaver and program for creating display cards of your top five themes ( )
  cdiemert | Jul 30, 2017 |
so as a book it was just ok; will update maybe after I take the assement ( )
  longhorndaniel | Jul 19, 2017 |
The book itself is disappointing. It's 90% synopses of the different strengths you may posses. The big value in this system is the test. Then look up the tips for your strengths and move on. There are tips for dealing with folks of other strengths, but you'll probably forget the advice before you can use it. I think the book is worth purchasing for the test. I truly believe understanding how to leverage your strengths could be life-changing. But I expected more decoding on what my strengths said about potential fits for career, etc. and there was almost none of this. I believe there is a career-finding guide from Gallup.com. Maybe I should've read that instead. ( )
  jonesfamily08 | Jun 1, 2016 |
I found Strengths Finder to be an easy read and a rich asset to my in-depth Myers-Briggs knowledge and training.
My top 5 themes in SF were Learner, Input, Individualization, Intellection, and Analytical.

I found SF helpful in that I was struggling to see the positive aspects of my ISTJ personality. In my line of work, I was struggling to capitalize on my personality. SF complemented what I already knew about myself from MB and gave me practical applications to run with.

I had been so down about being valued as a result of my personality that this book literally gave me hope that there was a niche that I could fill, that organizations need personalities like mine to balance out all the others. It spoke of the qualities that I was already aware that I had in a positive way that I had never heard before.

While the information isn't novel or new, it was helpful as a result of the way it was framed. It gave me practical marital advice as well since my husband had taken the test previously and still had his results. I learned about his tendencies and strengths and how to play to them so that he (and we) will have success.

Additionally, our co-workers have taken this test so application spanned from the personal arena, to the marital arena and then to the work arena. Very cool. I can recommend this book to anyone just wanting to develop personally, relationally or professionally. ( )
  BrittneyRossie | Jun 14, 2015 |
This book is dedicated to the Father of Strengths Psychology, Dr. Donald O. Clifton (1924-2003), from all of us at Gallup who have learned so much from this trailblazing thinker and scientist.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159562015X, Hardcover)

Do you have the opportunity to do what you do best every day?

Chances are, you don't. All too often, our natural talents go untapped. From the cradle to the cubicle, we devote more time to fixing our shortcomings than to developing our strengths.

To help people uncover their talents, Gallup introduced the first version of its online assessment, StrengthsFinder, in 2001 which ignited a global conversation and helped millions to discover their top five talents.

In its latest national bestseller, StrengthsFinder 2.0, Gallup unveils the new and improved version of its popular assessment, language of 34 themes, and much more (see below for details). While you can read this book in one sitting, you'll use it as a reference for decades.

Loaded with hundreds of strategies for applying your strengths, this new book and accompanying website will change the way you look at yourself--and the world around you--forever.

Available exclusively in StrengthsFinder 2.0:
(using the unique access code included with each book)

* A new and upgraded edition of the StrengthsFinder assessment
* A personalized Strengths Discovery and Action-Planning Guide for applying your strengths in the next week, month, and year
* A more customized version of your top five theme report
* 50 Ideas for Action (10 strategies for building on each of your top five themes)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:34 -0400)

To help people uncover their talents, Gallup introduced the first version of its online assessment, StrengthsFinder, in the 2001 management book Now, Discover Your Strengths. The book has spent more than five years on bestseller lists and ignited a global conversation, while StrengthsFinder has helped millions discover their top five talents. In StrengthsFinder 2.0, Gallup unveils the new and improved version of its popular assessment and much more. Loaded with hundreds of strategies for applying your strengths, this new book and accompanying website will change the way you look at yourself-- and the world around you--forever.… (more)

Tom Rath is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,528,346 books! | Top bar: Always visible