Sé el que estàs pensant by John Verdon
Member:lluisanglada
Title:Sé el que estàs pensant
Authors:John Verdon
Other authors:Esther Roig Jiménez, David Fernández Jiménez, Mercè Santaularia Campillo
Info:Barcelona:Proa
Collections:Read, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:negra

Think of a Number by John Verdon

Recently added byAvencejo, private library, smichaelwilson, GratzFamily, CandaceVan, Daftboy1, lauri804, Cherylk

English (71)  Spanish (10)  Catalan (5)  German (3)  Dutch (3)  Danish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  French (1)  All languages (95)
OK Book ex Cop Dave Gurney moves to the countryside for a quiet life.
He assists an old friend who has received strange poems through the post. He is killed, Dave loosely works with the Police more bodies start piling up. Can Dave save the day?

I liked this character and can see another book or two revolving around his life. ( )
  Daftboy1 | Apr 21, 2016 |
I tried to read this book back when it was released but could not find the interest to want to read the book, so I put it down and walked away from it. It was only because I am attempting to go through my to be read pile of books that have been sitting there a long time that I picked up this book again. I started from the beginning again as it was so long ago. The prologue was good. It had my attention. The next couple of chapters were ok but because they are short in length I was able to get through them pretty quickly. It was apparent quickly that I was not wrong in putting down this book the first time. There was what I thought to be a lot of useless chatter. I flipped ahead skipping chapters just to see when the story picked up. It was not after about 2 to 3 more times of doing this that I finally found the story to pick up but I did not continue reading the book. Not impressed. ( )
  Cherylk | Apr 17, 2016 |
Dave Gurney, an unhappily retired homicide detective, is brought in as an investigative consultant to a murder.
The murderer is playing games and Dave has the kind of analytical mind that is particularly adapted to unravelling clues and seeing things that others miss.
A well-written, suspenseful story. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
Thriller/novela negra interesante y entretenida. Sin pretensiones y gusta si se lee como tal. ( )
  choldi | Oct 22, 2015 |
Kind of a fun mystery. ( )
  Big_Blue | Sep 29, 2015 |
...If this sounds like the kind of head-scratching setup that would get Sherlock Holmes off his cocaine, it’s not the last similarity between the Victorian sleuth and his contemporary counterpart. Gurney has the same precision, logic and thirst for clarity...Dave Gurney is off to a good start too, no matter where his “retirement” takes him. His creator is obviously very comfortable in the genre already. Now he just needs to break from the pack a little more.

John Verdonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Luoma, MarjaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Naomi
"Where were you?" said the old woman in the bed. "I had to pee, and no one came."

Recently retired after a prestigious career with the NYPD, homicide detective Dave Gurney is pulled back into service when an old college friend receives threatening letters from a murderous sender who has an uncanny ability to read a person's thoughts.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,850,529 books! | Top bar: Always visible