Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious…

Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious Curate (Agatha Raisin Mysteries,… (original 2003; edition 2003)

by M. C. Beaton (Author)

Series: Agatha Raisin (13)

When Agatha Raisin's ex-husband James abandons her and she is humiliated by an unseemly proposition from her handsome neighbor John Armitage, she gives up on make-up and takes to wearing the loose cotton dresses and flat sensible shoes that she has always abhorred. But then along comes Tristan Delon, Carsley's blue-eyed, blonde-haired new curate, beloved of the lady parishioners ... When he turns up dead in the vicar's study, Agatha and John must join forces to investigate.--Container… (more)
Member:sarah4uk
Title:Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious Curate (Agatha Raisin Mysteries, No. 13)
Authors:M. C. Beaton (Author)
Info:Minotaur Books (2003), Edition: 1st, 224 pages
Collections:calibre

Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious Curate by M. C. Beaton (2003)

English (9)  German (1)  All languages (10)
This was a cute book. Liked it much better than the previous one. ( )
  lhaines56 | Jun 18, 2020 |
Agatha Raisin and The Case of the Curious Curate (#13) by MC Beaton - OK

You always know what you are going to get with this series: a strange (cosy) murder, Agatha moping about being single, blundering around putting herself in danger and eventually solving the case with all the usual characters displaying all their usual personalities and quirks. Not really much to add to that.

Some are better than others, I think I read this too quickly after the last one as I didn't enjoy it so much. Still it whiled away a couple of days while I cleared my head of the last book. (Really I read it because I foolishly read the first chapter included at the end of the last book, I had it on kindle, I was going to the theatre and my next choice of book is a big hardback).
  Cassandra2020 | Jan 24, 2016 |
This is another enjoyable Agatha Raisin mystery. So far I can depend on this series to provide a good light mystery, always with a touch of humour. In this one, Agatha climbs into a suit of armour to avoid being caught breaking into a suspect's house through a coal chute!

This story s slightly better plot-wise than some of the others. There's a surprise at the end just when you think the story is ending.

I keep wondering when Agatha is going to get her PI licence. ( )
  BrianEWilliams | Jan 10, 2015 |
A better than average Agatha Raisin tale involving a new Curate at the church in Carsely. Needless to say Agatha falls for him,but her love soon turns sour.Several murders follow in quick succession,which she begins to investigate. This turns out to be a rather dangerous decision.
Slightly marred by a silly scene in which she scrambles into a suit of armour to escape being discovered after breaking into a house. ( )
  devenish | Oct 13, 2013 |
Agatha Raisin's character develops in this outing, but her love life is still the pits. Enjoyable "cozy" mystery set in a Cotswold village. ( )
  auntieknickers | Apr 3, 2013 |
This book is dedicated to Mrs. Nancy Stubbs of Woore, near Crewe, with many thanks for her description of village duck races, which were much more decorous than the one described in this book.
Agatha Raisin was beginning to feel that nothing would ever interest her again.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,782,837 books! | Top bar: Always visible