Amber Brown Is Not A Crayon by Paula…

Amber Brown Is Not A Crayon (original 1994; edition 2006)

by Paula Danziger, Tony Ross (Illustrator)

Member:SingDaisy18
Title:Amber Brown Is Not A Crayon
Authors:Paula Danziger
Other authors:Tony Ross (Illustrator)
Info:Puffin (2006), Paperback, 80 pages
Collections:School Reading

Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon by Paula Danziger (1994)

English (18)  Spanish (1)  All languages (19)
Not exactly the heir to Ramona Quimby, as sometimes Amber has real dark feelings inside, and sometimes she shares them. I don't clearly remember every story so I'm copying this review to each book. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
Read aloud with my 3rd grader :) ( )
  ginger.hewitt | Mar 7, 2015 |
Surprisingly long and complex for a children's novel, and innocently insightful, without jettisoning that childlike faith which so many children's books cannot but disturb.

(9/10) ( )
  fearless2012 | Dec 5, 2013 |
I was told I had to read this book by a friend who kept telling me about it. She wanted me to read is so much that she wrote down the title on a a napkin (we were out bowling or something) and the next morning I pulled the note out of my pocket and was like "what on earth does this mean?". So now that I've been reading a ton of kids books (dunno why, just like to) I saw it and picked it up. I think it's a good kids book - funny, teaches empathy, it's real, but that's about it. Maybe I'll read the rest? First I need to tell my friend that I finally read this. ( )
  AmberTheHuman | Aug 30, 2013 |
I would use this book to have students connect to a friendship they have with someone.
  cbs022 | May 2, 2013 |
To Carrie Marie Danziger: niece, consultant and pal.
In just ten minutes, our entire class is getting on a plane for our flight to China.

Amber Brown is best friends with Justin Daniels, as has been since preschool. But now Justin and his family are moving across the country. Amber starts missing Justin even before he moves away. They have a big fight, and Amber worries that Justin will leave before they can make up.
This is a great book for talking about difficult feelings and about dealing with large events we have no control over. Danziger does a lovely job of giving voice to the feelings we have trouble finding words for while still keeping the character realistic.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 059045899X, Paperback)

When Justin Daniels learns that he is moving away, he and his best friend, Amber Brown, have a terrible fight and stop speaking to one another, and Amber is afraid that Justin will leave before they can make up and say goodbye. Reprint. AB. K. PW.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:12 -0400)

The year she is in the third grade is a sad time for Amber because her best friend Justin is getting ready to move to a distant state.

129 avail.3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,071,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible