Lewis and Clark: Explorers of the American…

Lewis and Clark: Explorers of the American West (edition 1996)

by Steven Kroll, Richard Williams (Illustrator)

Member:NatRenschen
Title:Lewis and Clark: Explorers of the American West
Authors:Steven Kroll
Other authors:Richard Williams (Illustrator)
Info:Holiday House (1996), Paperback, 32 pages
Tags:historical fiction, Lewis and Clark

Lewis and Clark: Explorers of the American West by Steven Kroll

This book would be fantastic book to help teach some local history and make the lesson closer to places they are familiar with. The book has beautiful drawings as well as great informational drawings. It covers Lewis and Clark's journey to the Pacific Ocean and back in a brief and information rich way. ( )
  corinnalogsdon | Feb 9, 2013 |
Lewis and Clark : Explorers of the American West is a historical fiction book that describes the story of Lewis and Clark's journey through Western America. I like this book because it offers a more artistic approach to learning about Lewis and Clark, rather than being all non-fiction. I think this book would best serve kids in grades 3-5.
  NatRenschen | Dec 5, 2012 |
This picture book introduces the two explorers and describes their expedition through the Louisiana Territory. It provides ample factual information, but not in a babyish way. It was a great read for my higher level readers. I used this book during our explorer unit with groups 5 and 6. ( )
  kris0812 | Nov 20, 2012 |
This is a great book with many facts, and illustrations. This book gives readers a lot of background information that can help students develop their knowledge of the Lewis and Clark Expedition. This book shows that every person and animal made a huge impact. The story shows how difficult the trip was and makes it known to the readers.
  SarahLinfield | May 10, 2012 |
“Lewis and Clark, Explorers of the American West” by Steven Kroll and illustrated by Richard Williams is a great book when describing historical events. The book describes all the events that took place during the expedition. It tells about all of Lewis and Clark’s findings.

I found this book interesting. I studied this when I was really young so I didn’t remember all that much. This book helped me remember the important expedition. The book was very detailed on what all takes place.

This book is a great book to give to students when studying the 19th century, or just when studying Lewis and Clark. I think students will really enjoy this! ( )
  ENeal | Mar 30, 2008 |

The story of their two-and-a-half-year expedition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:34 -0400)

Introduces Meriwether Lewis and William Clark and their expedition of 1804-6 through the Louisiana Territory, opening the land from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,620,327 books! | Top bar: Always visible